As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic Release thread : latest version 6.06!

Okay I checked, so there is a Caster557 folder that contains the files in the archive. That's probably your problem, you have to
-Either unzip without the folder
-Or after unzipping, actually copy the files out of that folder and into your mom folder.

(April 30th, 2019, 20:42)Seravy Wrote: Okay I checked, so there is a Caster557 folder that contains the files in the archive. That's probably your problem, you have to
-Either unzip without the folder
-Or after unzipping, actually copy the files out of that folder and into your mom folder.

Thanks that was the problem, it working now. Thanks you.

I believe I found a bug in 5.57. I have a trireme with a (patrolled) settler already loaded that has not yet moved for the turn. I used a spearman's last movement point to load it onto the trireme. The trireme is then selectable, and shows that it has 3 movement, but I cannot move it.

Once I manually select all three units, though, I can move the trireme. After every move, I have to re-select all units before I can move another tile. On the next turn, the trireme moves normally.

Savegame attached.

Attached Files
.gam   SAVE5.GAM (Size: 151.96 KB / Downloads: 0)

Not a bug, that's how sea movement is supposed to work since January. Only selected units move and movement fails if that would leave a unit behind to drown (in this case the settler).

Is it a bug that I have to re-select the units after every tile the trireme moves? That only happens on the turn that I load the spearman into the trireme.

No, the game assumes units with 0 move can't move and unselects automatically. There is no way to automatically recognize when this is unwanted behavior. You can avoid that by moving the full distance in a single click.

Quote:5.58
-Damage to buildings and population is now applied even if the city had no defenders. (Unfortunately, it was far too easy to abuse the system by killing all defenders except combat summoned or confused ones, pass until the end of battle and then conquer the city after they disappear. Aside from this abuse, undefended cities should be extremely rare in the first place.)
-Each treasure budget point is now worth ½ gold or mana instead of 1. This doesn't apply to the 3 “starting” lairs placed next to the human player's capital.
-Treasure gold and mana amount is set to 0 if less than 50 was generated.
-Reduced the amount of very rare spell treasure generated from 2-5 to 1-4 per map.
-Towers that would have no spell otherwise will now always have a Common spell instead of either a Common or Uncommon.
-Adjusted Magic Power map setting (and renamed options) :
Min : 0.5
Low : 0.75
Fair : 1
High : 1.25
Max : 1.5
(this does not affect the amount of monsters guarding the nodes or the treasure budget.)

Random question since you know a lot about the game, does the AI cheat when it comes to clearing nodes and lairs and stuff?

Not in the mod but yes in the original.
Both uses strategic(automatic) combat though which works by different rules than normal combat. Basically the army with the strongest total power wins and most abilities are ignored. You can find more details in the threads about this type of combat.
The mod has a few special limitations though that prevents the AI from attacking some targets that would be too easy for them until a certain turn count, for example Air Elementals.

excelent mod,

I notice you improve the contorl keys also (f.ex. esc to cancel surveyor or esc to patrol), do you have somewhere full list of key shortcuts?