As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Jester fools around in the Gathering Storm

Still not too impressed with the territory I've uncovered so far. Probably will go slinger>scout after the builder finishes.
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

I don't see any horses nearby (yet) so really don't care about the eureka. I will hypothesize that the starts have been balanced (e.g. good campus spots being blocked by jungle.) The slinger is on the way to get the eureka for Archery. Unless I can find a good site for an expansion city, I'll probably wait until Early Empire to start settling. The ToA would be a pretty good pickup and I will need a way to boost culture since the ottomans don't have any unique tile improvements like, for example, Cyrus.
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

Nice to get the boost to Writing but still need Iron Working (so building a decent Campus for Istanbul is still a ways off.)

Good to get both of these boosts out of the way.

Looks like I can get a decent spot to settle in the vicinity of the scout. I will send the slinger back for archer upgrade and will chop out another archer. Afterwards, I'll need to get out a settler before starting ToA. Pindicator was first to a second city (a few turns ago) and I don't want to fall too far behind. My initial scouting direction was somewhat unfortunate in that the land I scouted wasn't worth settling early. I would have prioritized a settler if I had seen the area I'm now finding out about.

What is your plan for the 3 builder charges for the current builder?

(June 20th, 2019, 18:38)Cornflakes Wrote: What is your plan for the 3 builder charges for the current builder?
I need to chop the forest NE of the furs in order to place ToA. The other two charges will be used later, most likely for iron and to place a campus (i.e. chop the jungle for the extra food.)

Heroic scout comes through with a key boost. Switched to Iron Working, due in 12 turns.

I'm putting one turn into a settler (6 turn build) and next turn I'll chop into an archer. It should be easy to clear the barb camp with archers.

Settle SE first, E second and decide the order for the other two core cities later. The northern spot won't have freshwater but it will really only need to build a government plaza (on the stone tile) and a campus early so waiting for aqueducts not a big deal.

Been lazy recently...

Surprise?

The settler will arrive at the spot now guarded by the archer the turn before Iron Working finishes. I probably settle there but will have the flexibility to settle iron if it makes sense. The ToA will end up with +5 amenities after the cotton, additional fur and both bananas are improved down the road (assuming I get it.) Building wonders probably isn't the way to win the game but I can't help myself, have to play the map (+5 is just too juicy to pass up.)

Somewhat surprised...thought Woden had settled a city near me when I checked settler view before I moved the scout. Not surprisingly, Woden was first to meet them. I really could have used the free culture. Dang wrong initial scouting direction.  lol I'll send the scout south to see where iron is located since I know someone is exerting loyalty pressure in that direction (most likely Woden.)