As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Jester fools around in the Gathering Storm

Might be in trouble.

Bought a monument in Edirne since I need culture so bad. I'd like to buy the banana tile but I think the iron tile takes priority.
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

Took quite a long time deciding on a pantheon. Goddess of Festivals would have helped more long term but I am worried about reaching Political Philosophy in a reasonable time frame. Istanbul is probably going to need to build an encampment to get the boost to State Workforce and I'll want to get out settlers in roughly 13 turns. I'll have to switch Edirne to build a trader once Foreign Trade is finished. Probably get out another builder there after the trader then finish the warrior.

Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

Totally forgot about the quest.  lol

Two barb camps I need to deal with plus I need the trader more than another warrior right now.

It wouldn't benefit me to pillage the trader. I need map info and so far, I don't feel conflict is imminent. Also, I'd like to find another of the players if possible, although I'm probably going in the wrong direction.

What are your plans for your local city states, especially given the houserules for this game?

(July 3rd, 2019, 10:10)Banzailizard Wrote: What are your plans for your local city states, especially given the houserules for this game?

I think keeping even with Woden at the cultural city state is most likely what I'll do. I'll kill off the religious city state if I get the chance (e.g. Woden becomes suzerain and he attacks me.) I won't pursue the industrial city state until it would be beneficial (so no plans anytime soon.) Basically, I'll just stockpile envoys for defensive purposes concerning the cultural city state since I'd like to keep it around. I don't see any harm if both Woden and I get cultural benefit from that city state (we'd both get a leg up on the other competitors). Whether Woden will come to the same conclusion is anyone's guess. Very good question btw.

Decided to finish the ToA by chop.

I'll need a builder to chop the rainforest and to improve both bananas. Istanbul will get out a settler and build a campus after the builder.

Not really important. Probably not enough time left in the era to secure a golden age. The extra gold is nice though.

I'm going to start a settler next turn. Next technology will be Writing (should take ~6 turns.) I'll swap the settler to a spear (3 turn build) so I can finish the spear the turn Writing finishes. The rainforest chop will go into the campus since I want to promote Magnus before I finish the settler. So roughly settler(partial)>spear>empty queue Magnus chop>build campus (State Workforce inspiration)>finish settler. I know Woden has horses so I don't think a spear build is unreasonable. There is still another barb camp to deal with which is why I stuck with Discipline. I'll put excess culture into Military Tradition once I need to switch off of State Workforce.

Sent the trader to Brussels from Edirne. I get an envoy along with +3 gpt.

Need a builder for when I send Magnus here.

Writing turned out to be a four turn tech. Granary/monument/builder were the build choices I had that would get done in four turns. I chose another builder since you can never have enough builders.

Good potential...just need to survive long enough. After I chop the other jungle tile, Magnus will be moved to Edirne. I need an encampment of my own. I've decided to save the next governor title for flexibility. I am seriously considering building the Government plaza next and getting out a settler from Edirne instead. That way I can maybe get Pingala instead and promote Magnus once I have the Ancestral Hall built. Right now the name of the game is flexibility.

Seven turns left until the era changes and I might have a shot at a golden age. I also got a free envoy out of Jerusalem, for whatever that is worth.

Granary for one turn then swap to Government Plaza.