As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

CIV VI Gathering Storm new PBEM

This looks good.

Tentative list

TheArchduke
Suboptimal
Pindicator
Ichabod (possible teamup)
Cornflakes
Alhambram
Scooter (needs Hungary ban)
Kaiser

I would love to see a 7-8 player game.

Please check the ban list.
My suggestion would be to do Continents. With that many players Continents could work.

Chevalier as a mapmaker?

MJW thanks for the summary. my suggestion:

BANS:

- VA
- Scythia
- Hungary (Yeah, I gotta agree there)
- Maori (makes a map very whacky)
- Religious Settlements Pantheon
- No pillaging CS except for farms and fishing.

No Bans, but use common sense:

- No tactical dows on Australia

I am unsure about Nan Madol, there are some rather nasty buffs around from CS like from Geneva and Monumentality in a golden Age is as strong.

I'd advocate for the PBEM 15 city-state rule (declare war only via suzerain) over the pillage farming ban but am fine either way. I think Nan Madol shoud stay on the banned list for now.

IIRC Chevalier is civless and would not be able to create a map. Woden might be able to serve as mapmaker if he's willing.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

(November 12th, 2019, 10:11)suboptimal Wrote: I'd advocate for the PBEM 15 city-state rule (declare war only via suzerain) over the pillage farming ban but am fine either way.  I think Nan Madol shoud stay on the banned list for now.

Echoes my preferences exactly
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Everyone can get Monumentality, unlike Nan Madol.

I don't see what's special about Geneva as you can just DoW and you now have to build libraries and universities.

Killings CSs is supposed to be an option it doesn't matter if it's the best play. There's some situations were it isn't the best play like a PBEM game were Archduke killed an important CS and Nan Madol.

Edit: I would also be against a no tactical DoW against Australia. Tactical DoWs could happen all the time, see Geneva and Australia. It's the civ itself that gives you too much in MP where people tactically DoW.

(November 12th, 2019, 10:11)suboptimal Wrote: Woden might be able to serve as mapmaker if he's willing.

Sure, I can do a map.

Already decided which sort game this is? Team or single player PBEM?

My preference is FFA rather than teams but I'm open to either.

Yeah I'd pretty strongly prefer FFA.

Here's a thought - what do you guys think about instituting some sort of counter-balance for turn order advantage? Being last in a 6-8 player turn order badly screws you for things like Pantheons and various other early bonuses and priorities, and I really think some sort of off-setting advantage needs to be made for this. Maybe it's some amount of gold or other resources staggered by turn order? I'm not sure how feasible this is, but I really think the turn order advantage is enormous.

I'm not sure how you'd be able to give compensation in an FFA - editing it in with Firetuner or the lua console is out (both are disabled for MP saves). Then there's the discussion about the compensation itself. The only thing I could think of in an FFA game would be to give the bottom of the turn order first priority on their civ picks. Otherwise it's the luck of the draw. PBEM 7 got around this by teaming up civs 1-8, 2-7, 3-6 and 4-5 to even out turn order issues.

Speaking of which, I'm open to either format, personally.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)