As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Invitation to a huge world map PB

(November 25th, 2019, 19:12)superjm Wrote:
(November 25th, 2019, 18:41)superdeath Wrote:
(November 25th, 2019, 18:39)superjm Wrote: Oh hey Mehmed, ORG/EXP in base BtS is pretty nice, as is starting with Wheel/Agri lol

Wanna trade?
shakehead

The organizers mentioned that is ok to trade.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

(November 25th, 2019, 16:21)superdeath Wrote: Wonder if Ramk will let me be a admin for this game too so i can help with RB's pause requests.. ?

I will, but will also note that pause requests must handled more strict for 52 players. With 2days/turn, predefined moves, and some help by lurkers the game should run without long pauses.
A common problem for (in game) pauses are diplomatic screens: Some player de-pauses to leave the screen and to play the turn, other players join in and want also move.
At the end, the pause will not set again. smile

Exceptions are Christmas and Easter holidays. We will increase the timer on such a high value that no turn will be missed. If everyone moves, it is also ok…
Summer vacations are problematic because they are spread too wide for an useful pause of the game. Here, we prefer the search of a substitute for the vacation.

In the last game, we created a list and each player added his absent times. This made it easier for admins and potential substitutes to track who needs help.
Maybe the RB users create such a list here and the other users at civforum.

(November 26th, 2019, 00:33)Donovan Zoi Wrote:
(November 25th, 2019, 14:35)Krill Wrote: Ouch. The mod is essentially base BtS. I fell sorry for DZ and Superdeath.

When I saw your post, my first thought before checking the update was "Hmmm....Japan?" Damn you, instinct, why doth thou mock me?!  lol

Looking forward to seeing the start, and how I'm gonna play this out.  Cornflakes, you still on board?

Let's do this!

(November 25th, 2019, 13:31)Charriu Wrote: The map is ready and they started randomizing positions. Last thing to be done are changes to their mod (the weakened corporations).

After thinking about weakening corporations, I will implement this variant:

• The corporation income in each city will not(!) sink if it is spread in a few owned cities.
• If you spread it in more cities, the income sinks (linear) down to 20% of its original value.
  The decrease factor depends on the map size.
• You could defend again the decreasing if you spread the corporation to other players (the amount of players counts). This mechanism just reduce the income loss, but you could never reach 100% again.

The decrement factors will shown on the corporation screen (Shift+F7), to allow you a judgement if it is still a good option to spread your corporation, trade resources, etc.

Well, I think this is a good solution, but we also had some time to test it out. smile

After some feedback, the change wasn't made and I cut off the corporation bonus/unit. Well, not the final word but I will not stop the game start any longer because of this.

(November 26th, 2019, 06:12)Ramkhamhaeng Wrote:
(November 25th, 2019, 16:21)superdeath Wrote: Wonder if Ramk will let me be a admin for this game too so i can help with RB's pause requests.. ?

I will, but will also note that pause requests must handled more strict for 52 players. With 2days/turn, predefined moves, and some help by lurkers the should run without long pauses.
A common problem for (in game) pauses are diplomatic screens: Some player de-pauses to leave the screen and to play the turn, other players join in and want also move.

Exceptions are Christmas and Easter holidays. We will increase the timer on such a high value that no turn will be missed. If everyone moves, it is also ok…
Summer vacations are problematic because they are spread too wide for an useful pause of the game. Here, we prefer the search of a substitute for the vacation.

In the last game, we created a list and each player added his absent times. This made it easier for admins and potential substitutes to track who needs help.

Sounds fair enough. I assume someone can post the new mod here when the game is getting going?
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

(November 26th, 2019, 13:21)superdeath Wrote:
(November 26th, 2019, 06:12)Ramkhamhaeng Wrote:

I will, but will also note that pause requests must handled more strict for 52 players. With 2days/turn, predefined moves, and some help by lurkers the should run without long pauses.

Sounds fair enough. I assume someone can post the new mod here when the game is getting going?

Looks like the game is online?

http://civ.zulan.net/pbspy/game/84/

Dunno if I missed it, is there a list of everything this particular mod changes from base BtS?

There will be an announcement thread/post with all necessary infos as soon as we have a sub-forum
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

(November 27th, 2019, 22:29)superjm Wrote: Dunno if I missed it, is there a list of everything this particular mod changes from base BtS?
As far as im aware, this mod changes only quality of life things from BTS. Such as un-pause from diplo screens, and other things that make it easier to host for Ramk.
(November 28th, 2019, 00:17)Charriu Wrote: There will be an announcement thread/post with all necessary infos as soon as we have a sub-forum
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.