As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] naufragar's fist full of pesos (Montezuma)

I too hope that RB players are evenly split across the world, so we learn something of each part of the world
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

nod That would be fun. Although for you at least, there should be lots of reading material on the German site. There's already 15 other stories!  yikes

I figured out where I am on the globe.

Can you? Here's the original PB73 map. I'll give you a hint: they took away my river.  alright

Had to settle in place because of techs. If I had Agri or Mining, I could have moved. Gotta be honest, this start looks rough.
There is no way to peace. Peace is the way.

It would look less rough with Ctrl-R.

Are you Dutch?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(November 28th, 2019, 11:45)Commodore Wrote: It would look less rough with Ctrl-R.

Yeah, I don't know why I play with gridlines but without resource bubbles.  crazyeye I can switch that on.

Quote:Are you Dutch?

Vanilla American, but I occasionally need to read written German, so I'm able to read a little, write much less, and speak exactly none. (If I understood the question.)

Back on resources, I feel like I've been whiny recently  nono  so let me point out that I have silver! This will be able to power research in the absence of river cottages for a bit. I can't remember even in single player the last time I started with a mining lux, so let me quit my bitchin'. multidance

I would have guessed you are in northern France?

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

(November 28th, 2019, 11:45)Commodore Wrote: It would look less rough with Ctrl-R.

Are you Dutch?

Now I'm curious. What made you think he's Dutch?

Buy me a coffee

(November 28th, 2019, 11:11)naufragar Wrote: Although for you at least, there should be lots of reading material on the German site. There's already 15 other stories!  yikes
Yeah, I can barely keep up. lol

Back in PB38 I thought naufragar was German, because well, he kept Germany as a civ. Who would do that other than native Germans? wink
Name also sounds germanic in nature.

I'm going to guess the start is current northern Poland, with Sweden across the water. Bt it could easily be France too.
edit: I haven't looked at any of the maps though, just a pure guess based on real-life topography.

Charriu Wrote:I would have guessed you are in northern France?

Very close!

(November 28th, 2019, 14:57)Rusten Wrote: I'm going to guess the start is current northern Poland, with Sweden across the water. Bt it could easily be France too.
edit: I haven't looked at any of the maps though, just a pure guess based on real-life topography.

yikes   We have a winner!  dancing  dancing

I think Ramk has taken the map viewer down now, and I'm not going to study the old map any more. The land from the tundra tile to the ocean is the same. Resource layout has changed and Sweden is now closer to the shore, so the map has changed enough that it would be foolish to rely on the old version. I had assumed I would have copper at my capital, and maybe I do, but if the map maker removed the river (which in PB73 everyone had at the cap), perhaps copper has moved, too.

Lord of the Civ Wrote:Yeah, I can barely keep up. lol

Good luck! The biggest game we ran here had 34 players, I think, and that game needed lurkers to summarize the game to the other lurkers.  twirl

(November 28th, 2019, 14:57)Rusten Wrote: Back in PB38 I thought naufragar was German, because well, he kept Germany as a civ. Who would do that other than native Germans? wink
Name also sounds germanic in nature.

Don't forget that Germans are one of the if not the least patriotic people in the world. wink

EDIT: Wait, now I get it why a German would take Germany :D

Buy me a coffee