As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] TheArchduke blasts into Space as Russia

Suzeraining Yerevan.

I need only 4 further points.

Any quick wonders you could build or could you get two apostles to complete your religion?

Yes, if you can chop out Mahabodi with Magnus before the current era ends and use the apostles to enhance your religion, that will definitely provide enough era points for another Golden Age. Russia will also get some era points for finding the last remaining civ so that's another real possibility. This is a link to a reddit post with the full list of era score options: https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/7w...gives_you/

I'm not sure that attacking Hattusa would be that valuable right now, the 3 envoys in there are providing a good bit of science and the primary competitor for science on this continent (TBS) doesn't have a single envoy in there. Dropping in another envoy just to attack the city state seems like a bad choice to me; conquering Hattusa would drop Russia's science right now, not add to it. I'm not sure what the goal is here.

The better choice for a city state to conquer would be Ngazargamu although that will require a battering ram and a lot more units in the east. I might suggest putting a campaign together to take that spot since it will serve as a staging ground for going after Kaiser afterwards. (I don't think anyone is the suzerain of that city state, right?) It would also provide a chance to get the "knight kill a unit" boost needed for Military Science tech. Feels like a better use of units as opposed to attacking a Scientific city that that's adding a bunch of beakers to Russia.

I don't think Kaiser is trying to attack you, I think he's scouting you out and was maybe looking to attack Ngazargamu before it tossed up walls. Attacking someone with a higher military rating, more advanced tech, and Defender of the Faith would basically be suicide. Last few thoughts:

* Where's that settler heading? Do you even need another city in the east now that Kaiser has planted his own city along that river?

* Tech research pushing for Military Science and civics research pushing for Reformed Church, right? Remember that you need to adopt a tier 2 government before Fogger can build the Grandmaster's Chapel, and you need that to faith purchase military units.

* If you aren't going to train any more builders or found any cities in the next few turns, I'd drop Serfdom for the policy that doubles Lavra adjacency bonuses (Simultaneum I think it's named). You could faith purchase a builder in Fogger at the start of the turn, then drop Serfdom, then hop back into it before the current builder in Fogger finishes. Food for thought since Simultaneum would be worth another 20 or so faith/turn right now.
Follow Sullla: Website | YouTube | Livestream | Twitter | Discord

Mahabodhi Temple should be placed 2S of Atrides' city center, adjacent to both the Lavra (mandatory) and Theater Square (+2 culture adjacency). The forrests you can chop without losing Breathtaking status on adjacent tiles (once the Theater Square and Mahabodhi complete, which will bump some tiles which are currently Charming) are 2NW of Fogger, 2E of Atrides, and (I think, if cliffs really do add appeal) 1W of Atrides' Lavra.

Frankly, the loss of the forest that Theater Square was built over looms large right now. That would have been a very useful 100ish production, and would have allowed us to finish Mahabodhi very fast without sacrificing appeal faith. As it is, we're either going to have to finish ~25% of the Wonder with natural production, or chop another forest that will hurt our faith output.

Finally, the +15% production towards wonders policy card is definitely worth running when we do these chops. That's ~45 production added for three Magus-boosted forest chops, effectively another half chop.

(April 4th, 2020, 09:09)Sullla Wrote: Yes, if you can chop out Mahabodi with Magnus before the current era ends and use the apostles to enhance your religion, that will definitely provide enough era points for another Golden Age. Russia will also get some era points for finding the last remaining civ so that's another real possibility. This is a link to a reddit post with the full list of era score options: https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/7w...gives_you/

I'm not sure that attacking Hattusa would be that valuable right now, the 3 envoys in there are providing a good bit of science and the primary competitor for science on this continent (TBS) doesn't have a single envoy in there. Dropping in another envoy just to attack the city state seems like a bad choice to me; conquering Hattusa would drop Russia's science right now, not add to it. I'm not sure what the goal is here.

The better choice for a city state to conquer would be Ngazargamu although that will require a battering ram and a lot more units in the east. I might suggest putting a campaign together to take that spot since it will serve as a staging ground for going after Kaiser afterwards. (I don't think anyone is the suzerain of that city state, right?) It would also provide a chance to get the "knight kill a unit" boost needed for Military Science tech. Feels like a better use of units as opposed to attacking a Scientific city that that's adding a bunch of beakers to Russia.

I don't think Kaiser is trying to attack you, I think he's scouting you out and was maybe looking to attack Ngazargamu before it tossed up walls. Attacking someone with a higher military rating, more advanced tech, and Defender of the Faith would basically be suicide. Last few thoughts:

* Where's that settler heading? Do you even need another city in the east now that Kaiser has planted his own city along that river?

* Tech research pushing for Military Science and civics research pushing for Reformed Church, right? Remember that you need to adopt a tier 2 government before Fogger can build the Grandmaster's Chapel, and you need that to faith purchase military units.

* If you aren't going to train any more builders or found any cities in the next few turns, I'd drop Serfdom for the policy that doubles Lavra adjacency bonuses (Simultaneum I think it's named). You could faith purchase a builder in Fogger at the start of the turn, then drop Serfdom, then hop back into it before the current builder in Fogger finishes. Food for thought since Simultaneum would be worth another 20 or so faith/turn right now.

I disagree with your assessment that Kaiser is not stupid enough to attack me. I would have thought so too about Cornflakes, but Kaiser is running around like a headless chicken with horseman and stalking my forward city. I upgraded a knight and a crossbowmen for deterrence, we will see if that helps.

The settler will go north of Ownange.

Yes, not waiting on the castles boost. We need Cossacks ASAP.

Already dropped Serfdom for -50% gold costs. We will see if Kaiser retreats east. He brings in more units.

I concur about Hattusa, with 4 envoys, it should be safe from Cree, as the same suzerain dow rule applies to Cree.

(April 5th, 2020, 12:30)williams482 Wrote: Mahabodhi Temple should be placed 2S of Atrides' city center, adjacent to both the Lavra (mandatory) and Theater Square (+2 culture adjacency). The forrests you can chop without losing Breathtaking status on adjacent tiles (once the Theater Square and Mahabodhi complete, which will bump some tiles which are currently Charming) are 2NW of Fogger, 2E of Atrides, and (I think, if cliffs really do add appeal) 1W of Atrides' Lavra.

Frankly, the loss of the forest that Theater Square was built over looms large right now. That would have been a very useful 100ish production, and would have allowed us to finish Mahabodhi very fast without sacrificing appeal faith. As it is, we're either going to have to finish ~25% of the Wonder with natural production, or chop another forest that will hurt our faith output.

Finally, the +15% production towards wonders policy card is definitely worth running when we do these chops. That's ~45 production added for three Magus-boosted forest chops, effectively another half chop.

Not sure if I can afford the wonder card, will try.

Turn 95

Era score done already.

We stay in a golden age.

Policies.

Faith has to suffice at 120.

West.

East.

No time

Wait a minute. Did Rome just declare on Yerevan, or have they been at war since before you Suzarianed them?

It seems both.

???

Can a lurker weigh in on this? What is going on?

Also, I'd like to propose moving the "Alternative" pin 2E, on top of the cotton. That spot looks more defensible (although I'd like to head your assesment), instantly hooks up a luxury, has a better city center yield, and can more easily put a campus next to those geothermal vents. It also allows us to potentially stick an aqueductal city on the coastal wheat if we were so inclined, a site with enough trees to pay it's production cost in chops if needed.