As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

EitB AI Takeover SG

More like eight or nine. Hyborem has done a decent job of expanding, and Hannah has about five cities. But yeah, it might be quicker just to go the extermination route. We were at about 47% on land area, and taking a couple of Hannah's cities would give some tiles to the cities we conquered from her earlier as well as the newly conquered cities' fat crosses.

T390
----
I consider moving our palace, partly to reduce war-weariness by making it Balseraph instead. Nah. Too late in the game.

I decide that any offense can wait a few turns for Sorcery, and maybe Mardero, although he has a long trek. I upgrade our two highest-level priests to Eidolons - one has blitz, and I'd love to make use of that. Hmm. We have a bunch of unimproved mana nodes. I actually delay Sorcery by a turn to fit Elementalism in. Maelstrom please.

T391
----
Well, apologies to DaveV. Hannah was indeed plotting war. Death it is. She doesn't even manage to take Kingsport. Our heroic scout lives!

On the other hand, that means the hideous war weariness is the level with the Tower of Eyes in effect. The ETA on Sorcery rises to 6 turns.

I settle for cotton (do we get global fine clothes from that tailor we just finished?) and things become a bit less disatrous on the happiness front.

T392
----

I lose a catapult and some tigers killing Hannah's stack. Goodbye, Yvain. Our diseased corpses will not miss you.

Why can I still not build elemental mana nodes? Huh. Ah, because it's under ancient forest! I actually think that fire is better than air here - we've plenty of percentage collateral from RoF, but a way to take down cultural defenses and actually kill stuff would be useful, weak as fireballs are. And if I stack a couple more nodes we should get free stuff.

Um. How long has that Great Sage been sitting in Ithralia - no, he's new! So, that's Sorcery in a bit early - although I want to hold off any upgrades until we have more nodes on line, and they will cost money that we don't have. Drama started so we can build culture to push borders if we want.

T393
----
Remembered to actually set the slider to 0% this turn to try to build up upgrade money. I am actually building wealth in some cities because we don't need more units and nothing else is going to pay back before the end of the game. New cities are instantly profitable, at least.

I advance into the Lanun heartland, but one round of RoF doesn't do enough to let fast-movers rush a kill.

Lanun Frigates come to bother us. I start building a few in response. Their galleons and other next-tier ships get free play near their own coast, but I think we can probably stop these from messing around at ours - and I think Hannah will live long enough to for them to do damage.

T394
----
Paradera falls and I set up to hit Innsmouth next turn (it gets RoFfed this turn, but terrain precludes getting serious hits in. I start turning some of our spare nodes into Enchantment to offset WW.

T395
----
Oh, and if I realised we had a staff with Death Affinity before the end of my set I might have handled the nodes differently smoke.

I've kept settling in gaps and pushing disciples to pop, including pushing for third-ring at Kwythellar. I think taking Innsmouth (next turn, I hope) will break the back of Lanun culture and we can push from there.

Bob   On Deck
Brian
Me
DaveV
Shallow_thought (just played)
Cairo UP!

Attached Files
.zip   Thessalonica Turn - 395.zip (Size: 431.84 KB / Downloads: 2)
It may have looked easy, but that is because it was done correctly - Brian Moore

Well, this is what I did the first turn:

As well as founding a city in the north where the settler already was (and popped the borders).

Hit end turn and got this:

Honestly, somewhat anticlimactic, I wanted to finish off Hannah and take out Acheron, but oh well, we still won.

Well done everyone, it was looking pretty dicey for a time there.

Oh, FFS. How did I not notice we were _that_ close smoke ? I would definitely have stolen an extra turn lol !

Did you even get to attack with Mardero? I guess not.
It may have looked easy, but that is because it was done correctly - Brian Moore

Congratulations everyone, and thanks for taking part!
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Good job, team! This was a fun ride, the best SGs are typically the ones where things take a dark turn before the team is able to rally and turn the situation around.

I'm up for another, either now or after a break.

Good game everybody. For a while there when Hannah summoned Basium and he decided to go all Lawful Stupid on us I thought we mightn't pull through. But some masterful turnsets turned that around and we ended up winning pretty easily in the end.

Edit: PS: I'd love the final save if possible. I usually don't play out games to the end, just a winning position.
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

GG all.

I felt that turning points were taking out the Balseraphs and getting rid of the Avenging Annoying Angel, and I did manage to get properly involved in those moments. But I certainly never felt in control or as if I knew what I was doing ... I guess that's the sign I'm learning stuff? It was definitely a ride lol .

Good game, everyone! It was kind of a grind playing some of the turnsets, but fun overall.

(May 5th, 2020, 15:16)Brian Shanahan Wrote: Edit: PS: I'd love the final save if possible.  I usually don't play out games to the end, just a winning position.

It sounds like the save attached to shallow_thought's post is the last turn before the win.

(May 6th, 2020, 07:06)DaveV Wrote: Good game, everyone! It was kind of a grind playing some of the turnsets, but fun overall.

(May 5th, 2020, 15:16)Brian Shanahan Wrote: Edit: PS: I'd love the final save if possible.  I usually don't play out games to the end, just a winning position.

It sounds like the save attached to shallow_thought's post is the last turn before the win.

Yeah, all I did were the obvious moves and that was more than enough. I don't think I actually did save after the win, in any case.