As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

The Sinister Six: A Competitive EitB SG

I'll resist the urge to go with what is probably the optimal unit for scoring, and instead make the Archer.

Anyone reading this willing to gen a map for us & edit in the units?

(May 30th, 2020, 07:47)Miguelito Wrote: Btw, do kills by animals which were captured by heroic hunters count towards their score, like summons do? If yes they should be renamed upon capture to make clear where they come from.

No, those aren't summons and therefore don't count.

I guess if any lurkers are reading this they aren't inclined to generate a map. You all want me to? I'll slot myself last in turn order to make up for knowing where all of our opponents are.

10-turn sets, unless someone wants to advocate otherwise.

That's fine by me.

(May 31st, 2020, 20:02)Bobchillingworth Wrote: I guess if any lurkers are reading this they aren't inclined to generate a map. You all want me to? I'll slot myself last in turn order to make up for knowing where all of our opponents are.

I'm reading, and even tried to generate a map (completely random large pangaea without the balanced resources setting; I couldn't find anything about the number of opponents, so I went with the Large default number, teammate included) but I couldn't figure out what a "Death sphere" is supposed to be, and I'm not 100% sure if my "EitB 12.1" is actually the correct version of that mod. Looking forward to reading this no matter how the map gets made!

Oh- the "Death Sphere" simply means giving the adept the Death I promotion. We never specified the number of opponents, but default should be fine.

If you don't mind giving it another shot, whoever plays first (myself, if we go in order of signups) can easily confirm whether you have the right version or not; I think there's only one v12.1 though. IIRC Qg posted download instructions in the prior SG thread.

Okay; see if this works then. If not, my apologies for the false hopes.

If so, my apologies for the horrible puns. I didn't find any requests for unit names, so....

Attached Files
.zip   Sinister6.zip (Size: 28.65 KB / Downloads: 6)

(June 1st, 2020, 03:04)RefSteel Wrote: Okay; see if this works then.  If not, my apologies for the false hopes.

If so, my apologies for the horrible puns.  I didn't find any requests for unit names, so....

The puns are fine lol . I was struggling to come up with a name actually. And we can always change them.

One note - I had to rename (actually, I created a new copy) the mod folder in order to load the save. Something to with it having been "EitB v12.1" on Ref's box rather than "Erebus in the Balance v12.1" on mine. As I was compatible with Bob and DaveV in the last game, we may want to tweak the save. It's no big deal, but we'll all need to be on the same setting eventually, I think?
It may have looked easy, but that is because it was done correctly - Brian Moore

Just to be sure before we start, does the map have mana nodes/ lairs/ FFH resources/ unique features (not on a civ computer right now)

And many thanks Ref, facilitator of games!

Like shallow_thought, I had to rename my "Erebus in the Balance v12.1" folder to "EitB v12.1". I noticed that our ally Einion has two settlers; is he supposed to be playing an OCC game like us?

And, heh, I forgot that playing as the Kurios means that Brian and Auro's avatars are giant weasels standing on their hind legs.

Edit: also, the setting to force the appearance of all unique features doesn't appear to be enabled on the settings page.

Second edit: I'm not happy about having half of our extra large fat cross be coast/ocean with no seafood, although settling off the coast invalidates some very useful trade boosting buildings. It's also worth noting that if we don't settle by a river, we will never be able to build Deruptus. On the flip side, we should avoid starting a culture war with our ally (it probably makes sense to pop our world spell on the turn we settle).