As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

Quote:The OK button for the unit building screen should be placed in a corner (switch with Clear) instead of in the middle, as it's the most commonly used button.

How would that help? The mouse is on the left side 95% of the time (to add to the queue) and is almost never on the right side (you only need that if you want to remove something) so putting the button the furthest to the right would make it slower to reach. Swapping with "buildings/Units" would make sense but the text is too long on the Buildings button for that.

Quote:When you don't have much of the map explored yet on a maximal map, it is hard to get back where you were on the minimap or Cartographer if you moved away to a black portion of the world. I almost thought I was stuck on the wrong plane view for a while when everywhere I clicked was black.

Click Armies or Cities and select anything to get back.

(July 14th, 2020, 19:34)Seravy Wrote:
Quote:The OK button for the unit building screen should be placed in a corner (switch with Clear) instead of in the middle, as it's the most commonly used button.

How would that help? The mouse is on the left side 95% of the time (to add to the queue) and is almost never on the right side (you only need that if you want to remove something) so putting the button the furthest to the right would make it slower to reach. Swapping with "buildings/Units" would make sense but the text is too long on the Buildings button for that.

A few reasons: because the old game had it on the right side, the OK button for the city screen overall is also on the right side, as are various other OK/finishing buttons that appear throughout the game (when you click for details on a unit, the "done/next" buttons, end turn, etc), and in general being somewhere in the middle is the most difficult to navigate to, even if the mouse starts closer to it. It's easier to move it to a corner even if it's farther away because you don't really need to aim the mouse. I clicked clear accidentally several times out of habit, thinking that the button must be on the bottom right corner, and even after I stopped doing that, it was more inconvenient to look for the OK button and aim there.

Quick feedback:

*In some random click, removing and placing countless times continuously buildings I managed to put two monuments in the queue.

(July 13th, 2020, 22:44)Cruel100 Wrote: It looks like Armorers' Guild is not available for the High Man.
Yes, my town contain the Fighters' Guild as a prerequisite. And War College without Armorers' Guild and University. High man without Paladins?

I can construct Cathedral without Pathernon too.

After sell a building I get the message "you can only sell one building per turn" even on different turns.

Quote:Yes, my town contain the Fighters' Guild as a prerequisite. High man without Paladins?

Have you cast Tree of Knowledge?

(July 14th, 2020, 21:48)Seravy Wrote:
Quote:Yes, my town contain the Fighters' Guild as a prerequisite. High man without Paladins?

Have you cast Tree of Knowledge?

No, just researched.

*If you click in next turn, Raiders will enter in Capital. In the battle if you don't move any unit, and click in "auto"battle and yes and yes. The game will freeze. (Attached).

*Denying a magic exchange (Forget it!) brought me: "Range check error."

Attached Files
.zip   1.zip (Size: 115.43 KB / Downloads: 1)

@"Cartographer and Minimap show smaller maps several times. Should I force a smaller size so it displays only once?"
Aha. It looks quite odd.

@"Are there save files for this?"
This may have been fixed with the last major update:

Attached Files
.zip   20200714_enchantments_dispelled_in_2_turns_bug.zip (Size: 224.29 KB / Downloads: 1)
.zip   20200714_unit_building_pics_gone_bug.zip (Size: 43.25 KB / Downloads: 1)

Haven't played for a bit, looks much more polished than before!

here's some feedback (not really bugs, but a lot of hotkeys changed / missing)

1) don't really like ESC as end turn, I usually escape to exit some screen and if I hit it too many times I end my turn, N for next turn seemed fine
2) B for build city doesn't work anymore, I noticed you changed it to "settle," but S also doesn't work, I think it goes to the city screen / unit screen
3) B in cities to buy something doesn't work, Z and X no longer change between cities
4) forest scene looks cool, but it's really hard to see the units, can we change it a bit so it isn't so woody looking
5) C no longer centers unit on screen, really miss this one.

Did find a bug though, tried to have horus declare war on somebody when I hadn't met anybody else, but horus and I saw a "range check error!"

Quote:forest scene looks cool, but it's really hard to see the units, can we change it a bit so it isn't so woody looking

We used to have a transparency effect on units standing inside the forest tile but that was things worse so it was removed and the number of trees was reduced. I don't have any good idea what else can be done, any less trees and it no longer looks like a proper forest.

(July 15th, 2020, 09:15)Seravy Wrote:
Quote:forest scene looks cool, but it's really hard to see the units, can we change it a bit so it isn't so woody looking

We used to have a transparency effect on units standing inside the forest tile but that was things worse so it was removed and the number of trees was reduced. I don't have any good idea what else can be done, any less trees and it no longer looks like a proper forest.

How about making the units' layer always above the trees, so the trees stay in background and units in foreground? The main issue for me is that some of the trees are blocking parts of the units from view.