As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Civ 6 Release and Update Discussion Thread

(July 26th, 2020, 14:16)3rdandmain Wrote: I wish I could say I was surprised. In Civ previous to this, the ICS was the Infinite City Sprawl. Here, it's the Idle Clicker Simulator.

uhhh, does Civ 6 have static leaderheads?

How do you mean, static? 

If you mean the heads on the diplomacy ribbon on the top of the main interface, those don't move.

If you have your graphics settings above low, then the leaders are fully animated and voiced characters in the diplomacy screen. This is where they spent most of the budget, btw.
If you mean do the leader portraits change as the timeline advances, like I think Civ III or Civ IV did, where they start as tribal chiefs, look like ancient emperors and medieval monarchs before putting on business suits in the modern era, no. :/ 

And yeah, I saw the no-city challenge posted the other day on reddit. I haven't watched the Spiffing Brit's video on it yet, I hope he gave credit to the source.
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

Oh, I just meant the models moving in the diplomacy screen. I've never seen Civ6 played in any video capacity, so I had no idea. Spiff did cite a reddit user as the source of the video.

It was Civ3 where the leader portrait would change garments to match the era. Civ4 had the same outfits.

So the August update video is out. This one's for everyone, not just those who have the New Frontier Pass...

- unspecified balance changes
- tweaks to the Government Plaza and forest fires
- A filter to pick natural wonders during game setup
- A new Shuffle Mode that shuffles the techs and civics within each era.

The last one is intriguing - it basically takes the way techs are hidden in the final age on each tech tree and applies it to all ages. That results in different prerequisites and costs. Eurekas & inspirations or completing all prerequisites will reveal a tech/civic's location on the tree. Code of Laws, Mining, Pottery and Animal Husbandry are the revealed starting techs/civics in this mode.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

I think the harvest formula was changed somewhere along the way. I apologize if people already figured it out, but I'm running into some strange results in my games.

First -> harvesting bonus resources (stone) is yielding the same values as harvesting features (forests). Before, there was a base value of 25 for the stone and 20 for forests. Now, everything yields the same, and I think the base value is always 20.

Second -> The divisors used for techs and civics is not 50/67 anymore. That's a given, since the tech and civic tree changed. But I can't for the life of me get the results that the game shows.

Anyway, these are some initial findings. Anyone experienced something similar?

On the stone harvest, it was changed a while ago to be the same as forest harvest. I think the same patch where they got ride of boosted overflow.

With the addition of the Information Age in Gathering Storm the divisors changed. Tech divisor is now 77, civics divisor is now 61. Base value remains 20 for feature removals and bonus resource harvests.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Thanks.

I haven't played Civ 6 for a while, but saw thatGathering Storm is on sale for $20. I would probably only play single player, or maybe low-key MP games with friends and family. Is the expansion worth that purchase price by now?

(August 27th, 2020, 13:48)BRickAstley Wrote: I haven't played Civ 6 for a while, but saw thatGathering Storm is on sale for $20. I would probably only play single player, or maybe low-key MP games with friends and family. Is the expansion worth that purchase price by now?

Off topic I know, but how've you been Brick? I haven't seen you around in a while.
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

Personally, I've been pretty happy with the changes in Gathering Storm relative to R&F/Vanilla, although of course I splurged on it at the release price in a wildly irrational response to the loss of chop overflow production, so I'm probably not the most objective perspective available.

$20 does feel like a reasonable price.