As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: Which version do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Version 1
50.00%
2 50.00%
Version 2
25.00%
1 25.00%
I like both
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Which grassland color ratio would you prefer?

Version 1 has more of the brighter pixel color while version 2 has more of the darker one.

Grassland is fine on both pictures, i don't even see a difference. I don't like mountains and hills.

At first I couldn't recognize much difference until I took a closer look. I voted Version 1, because at closer inspection to me the Version 2 felt more 'rocky' due to the larger continuous gray'ish green regions.

PS. Off-topic: Seravy, notice a iron deposit on a mountain tile next to the tower. To me it does not look right. Iron deposit texture feels more like it is in front of the mountains in the air, not within the mountains. Its few pixels kinda 'randomly' overlay on top of the second mountain face behind the first mountain face in front. Just a suggestion to your notes that perhaps the mountain faces could be procedually textured with the mineral type to look more natural?

Quote:Just a suggestion to your notes that perhaps the mountain faces could be procedually textured with the mineral type to look more natural?

Well, that might be possible for some ores but then there are crystals, gems and other stuff...

(September 19th, 2020, 06:04)Seravy Wrote:
Quote:Just a suggestion to your notes that perhaps the mountain faces could be procedually textured with the mineral type to look more natural?

Well, that might be possible for some ores but then there are crystals, gems and other stuff...

But those crystals do not spawn on top of hills/mountains according to this wiki? So it should not be problem, right? https://masterofmagic.fandom.com/wiki/Mineral

(September 20th, 2020, 09:16)Jtm Wrote:
(September 19th, 2020, 06:04)Seravy Wrote:

But those crystals do not spawn on top of hills/mountains according to this wiki? So it should not be problem, right? https://masterofmagic.fandom.com/wiki/Mineral

...except Transmute and Raise Volcano can make them appear pretty much anywhere.
And then there is Orihalcon...