As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

Yeah, I don't know that we'd get both Australia and Indonesia. I think a pairing with Indonesia and a strong culture or science civ is one good possibility. Australia plus just about anything is another.

Let's say Australia, Indonesia and one other as our top three?
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

(November 17th, 2020, 17:19)suboptimal Wrote: Yeah, I don't know that we'd get both Australia and Indonesia.  I think a pairing with Indonesia and a strong culture or science civ is one good possibility.  Australia plus just about anything is another. 

Let's say Australia, Indonesia and one other as our top three?

china? good on science and culture. 

japan? japan are flexible
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Either of those are good choices, with Japan a bit ahead. Do we want Australia or Indonesia at 1 with Japan at 3?

Also, just checking that you know of/have the link to "the wiki": https://civilization.fandom.com/wiki/Civilization_VI

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

Bruindane, as an FYI you have private messaging disabled. Roland, Bruindane PM'd me a couple hours ago...we've got a dedlurker about. Bruindane, welcome aboard. thumbsup

Glad to be lurking!   Must have disabled PM years back, thank you, I'll fix that.

yeah i use that a lot cheers.

china really benefits from the extra eurekas and is ridiculous on culture once it gets a pile of wonders down.

need to plan our money and amenities well between us,

also our barb control.

going to wan to get that slinger kill and one of us with 3 archers. the other probably shouldn't build any.

I think that one of us should worry about the navy, the other the army for home defense or possible land invasion, rather than trying to coordinate two fleets and two armies. Something I'll need to test later this week is whether or not teammates give flanking and support bonuses (I believe they don't).

China's boost bonus is good and the right wonders at the right time can make a difference, especially with the Colosseum or Pyramids (I'm not sold on Stonehenge, particularly if paired with a more religion-friendly civ). However, I think that on a water map the +5 CS for Japan in coastal tiles and cheap districts with improved adjacencies might be more beneficial.

(November 17th, 2020, 18:57)suboptimal Wrote: I think that one of us should worry about the navy, the other the army for home defense or possible land invasion, rather than trying to coordinate two fleets and two armies.  Something I'll need to test later this week is whether or not teammates give flanking and support bonuses (I believe they don't). 

According to https://civilization.fandom.com/wiki/Fla...ort_(Civ6) only units owned by the same player do.   An interesting example is that levied units do not, as they are not owned by the player.

(November 17th, 2020, 23:11)Bruindane Wrote:
(November 17th, 2020, 18:57)suboptimal Wrote: I think that one of us should worry about the navy, the other the army for home defense or possible land invasion, rather than trying to coordinate two fleets and two armies.  Something I'll need to test later this week is whether or not teammates give flanking and support bonuses (I believe they don't). 

According to https://civilization.fandom.com/wiki/Fla...ort_(Civ6) only units owned by the same player do.   An interesting example is that levied units do not, as they are not owned by the player.

cheers mate. 

i don't think there is a wrong answer between japan and china. 

how is your military game? 

mine is middling but i can build certainly. 

got plenty of time to practice as the game goes on. 

also where are you based.

(November 18th, 2020, 05:25)roland of gilead Wrote: how is your military game? 

mine is middling but i can build certainly. 

got plenty of time to practice as the game goes on. 

also where are you based.

My military game?  heh heh heh.  I'm much better than I was in PBEM 3 & 6, was scattered and ineffective (on land) in PBEM 10 after conquering Egypt but held my own in PBEM 15.  It's usually my strategy/planning that lets me down. 

PBEM 18 Spoiler
I'm planning on launching an invasion of Egypt's coast in 15-20 turns so you might want to keep tabs on that.

I'm definitely a preferential builder as well.  I've got no problem taking the military or non-military role here.

I'm based on the East Coast of the US (specifically, New Jersey).