As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

If I land Earth Goddess as my pantheon I should probably go AH -> Sailing. The likely Icon_Faith generation from the pantheon would let me get a boat out relatively quickly (mid to late 40s), particularly if I'm able to settle one city immediately east and/or another immediately north of the start location and I can work those tiles. It also means that if we stick to the idea of me getting a later religion then you should seek out Astrology to unlock Holy Sites and Stonehenge. Depending on what I find around me I might want to do Writing before Astrology. There's a +4 Campus to the east and a +3 Holy Site to my west (at least until I camp the deer).
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

I can't get a religion dast unless we have stone near by.

Even then it's second city.

So we have some time to go hunt astrology.

We can both do ah sailing. Then split pottery mining if we haven't found it?

I suspect we have a wonder not far off.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Turn 1

If you’ll be my bodyguard
I can be your long lost pal
I can call you Betty
And Betty, when you call me,

Hey, Paul Simon sort of worked for me the last time I played Indonesia. lol

As seen above, settled in place, warrior went two to the west. Going to break the fog between us and then go around to the north. I also started a warrior and Pottery.

Roland, that sound you heard is the “met new civ” sound, which each player hears because they meet their partner. The “met city-state” sounder is a bit more like a cash register.

For your planning, I’m working the rice first and the 2/2 tile second. I’ll complete my initial warrior EoT 8 and the settler EoT 18. I should remain at 3 population when the settler completes as I’ll have enough food in the bank to immediately regrow the lost citizen.

Edited to add the following

I've started my tracking spreadsheets up for players and civs. Marcopolothefraud (henceforth either MPtF, Marco or Fraud depending on my mood) did not settle on Turn 1. Everyone else did except for Woden, but he follows me in the turn order. Likewise, no one's settlement earned them additional era score. When you play your next turn check the player scores and see if Woden has any empire score.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

Turn 2

Move Warrior SE and find only disappointment.

[Image: rxi8MQR.jpg]

Wooden did Settle

[Image: ONFGNDJ.jpg]

[Image: KExs6Tq.jpg]

Still hate my capital. Stone Stone where for art thou Stone.

Re name my city. Quite please with the Glasgow Rangers just now so doing player names.

Starting with our greatest Keeper of all time.

Working marsh, slinger in 6

Do i perhaps go settler next as well and we instead pool money to buy a worker?

Don't get frustrated about the lack of stone yet. Stone occurs in grassland. I'd say move east to the lake shore next turn, see what's around and then south around the lake. The slinger can defog the northern half of your area, including the grasslands immediately east, while the settler builds.

One note about longer term plans - I don't know that you/we want to pile a large number of wonders into one city, at least one that's coastal, on this map with this meta. Perhaps the capital should get the coastal ones and then another city gets the inland ones?

I do find slight irony with using Rangers player names with a civ color scheme that's almost Celtic.

Yeah Don't pay to much attention to those pins they are just options for things to do on bad tiles in some cases i have a fair few of those. Tundra in my cap, dear oh dear.

In other's it's reminders for key wonders.

No way will all of those be built. certainly not in 1 place.

The Stone rage is mostly for fun for anyone reading along.

I do believe it's desert south of that lake certainly south west.

Definitely some irony on colours but i will live.

I did a dummy china run with petra in the desert and had a huge run of great wall tiles that were ridiculous in yields. Something else i would like to do in this game but we will see.

(December 10th, 2020, 08:31)roland of gilead Wrote: The Stone rage is mostly for fun for anyone reading along.

popcorn

Turn 3

Another turn more tears. 6 tiles revealed and not on even stone possible. I hope others capitals are so awful.

I need Stonehenge, pyramids and great wall to leverage China in any sensible way. Are the Vikings out there off the coast, Australia surrounded by low appeal, Russia with no tundra(they can have mine) Am I wrong and stone is nearby tune in tomorrow for more tears. Joy or pain who knows.

[Image: ISuKWxw.jpg]

continue to work marsh.