As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

That masonary boost is big is the only thing i would say. Pyramids and great wall etc.

still think you are right.

I like to use chops for other than wonders. More versatile that way. need to get a HS down (shame capital doesn't have a better one) or stonehenge isn't doing much.

I will work through a pile of scenarios to see what lines up best. plenty of time for that.

here is a question can i improve tiles in your borders?
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Turn 5

Interesting turn.

Might get the tea.

[Image: qoLBLsI.jpg]

crater lake confirmed and south coast found. Also river going up into that desert is interesting.

[Image: AQbSouB.jpg]

[Image: FA7WOYN.jpg]

Consider changing research but figure I can get to astrology around the time I need to anyway. Will check that out tomorrow.

[Image: Q5sgHUx.jpg]

I'd consider changing to Pottery next turn - as soon as Russia or Japan find it on the tree they're likely to beeline it, particularly Russia. Since I'm already researching Pottery I'll keep on that path and go for Astrology second, then go AH -> Sailing. I should have enough faith to buy two boats immediately though likely won't be the first boat out in that case.

The river is interesting. Depending on what you find there you might be able to settle 1 off the coast on the river and have that Holy Site location second ring. There's not enough food to consider working Crater Lake, at least from the west. We'll have to get the east side of that lake defogged at some point.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Yeah been thinking about changing. Pretty sure I have time to get to it before I settle either way. Not sure I want ah before putting down my holy site though. Might ruin it.

Will need toa perhaps to work crater lake.

Would like to settle it for era score but we will see.

My advantage even over russia is I get a profit very fast after researching it. Also got that turtle research.

You make a good point about horses being inconvenient. I think you're right about ToA and Crater Lake, though it'd likely be a city that's on the opposite side of the lake from it (need the deer camp for ToA). I think the only way you settle it for era score is to settle where the warrior stands, build the Holy Site on the desert NW for +3 and put ToA third ring next to the deer. If the era score has a range of two then you could settle across the lake from it.

I need to go through the era score list and see what I need to try to do to get to 25 points. Should have a second point from Crater Lake when I open the save.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

I think settling a wonder is 2 out. I will check.

In theory we may both be able to settle it though not sure if second one counts.

Head for the south coast with warrior on my turn? Then west and north

Yeah, it's two tiles so settling across the lake would work. SE-SW next turn followed by west then north sounds good.

a lighthouse will help with Crater lake too. perhaps even built in the other lake assuming boats can get out via a canal.

TOA may be allow some great wall run as we don't see much scope for that just yet. we want 4-5 tiles of grassland or better still round a volcano.

might want that desert for pyramids/petra though maybe not needed.