As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

Turn 5

Got the era point for the discovery of Crater Lake. No one else has era score aside from their initial era point for meeting another civ (their ally). Warrior moves NE to the hill:

The camp, the tea and the tile SW of the camp are on the coast. Roland, that’s 7 tiles from your capital so it’s likely that the camp is targeting you, not me. Keep an eye out for the scout.

Next turn I’m moving to the hill to the east.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Turn 6

there is a really good city down here. not sure that is quite it mind you. Especially the gov plaza but not seeing a good place for that really anywhere yet.

Ideally city 3 does pyramids and 4 gov plaza.

[Image: 5xArFN9.jpg]

Micromanage to get slinger in 2 with barbs in mind.

[Image: lyEHKRs.jpg]

Pretty sure i am getting the fish

also switched to pottery.

no one yet knows where it is except us and with 50% eureka and turtles I should be one of the first there. How many would take pottery first?
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

we need to work out what to do with that camp.

couldn't be better placed. I would say.

there are 2 eurekas and an inspiration to be found.

can we get all 3?

certainly I can bring up my slinger and kill the spear if you weaken it.

Also worth noting warriorrs v barbs is going to get harder this Thursday when the v anti cav goes down to +5

Generally speaking I don't start attacking barb camps until I've got Discipline slotted, particularly when fortified on a hill. Your slinger would cause the spearman to move off the hill, so perhaps we bait the spear out of the camp then attack it.

Regarding Pottery I'd say a few people would likely take it first, only because it exposes a bit more of the tech tree than the others.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

i think it's a wash just now. +5 discipline - 5 on Thursday.

we can set a trap for sure. you should take the camp for the era score as golden ages are going to be really hard. i should take the kill ideally, for the archery boost.

we aren't meeting any city states by the look of it. or other people perhaps.

i doubt there are any more natural wonders.

i should be ok as i will get a religion and can always build wonders.

maybe you can get a sword or horse or both.

I have to assume that finding city-states will be hard, but not impossible, before Sailing. Likewise I think there's only one NW per start area for balance purposes. Boats will definitely be required to meet other civs.

when will you get boats do you think?

It'll depend on what sort of Icon_Science rate I can generate. However, if I get the Earth Goddess pantheon and settle the Mahakem River valley first I could have enough Icon_Faith to buy the first boat in the late 30's/early 40's. I think part of it will be Icon_Food dependent (I think my city over there should buy swamp truffles if it's affordable to do so) and part of it will be whether or not I go for Sailing now or make the run for Astrology and a Holy Site to get the faith going strong first.

that would get you a bit of exploring done at least before we get to a new age.