As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

Looks like you found Trondheimsfjorden to the south.

which would mean Norway found it first perhaps.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Bruindane, good catch there....I hadn't even been thinking about looking at location names as I figured people would be a bit further away than that. Of course, the body of water could be larger.

That means we've got Norway/Phoenicia Woden/Ljublana to the south of us. There is a silver lining in this - since it's a Norwegian name we know that Woden is the closer of the two and we know where they are before they know where we are. (crazyeye for sentence construction)
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Yeah great spot.

If this is a large map they should be a good distance away.

Now what to do with the info.....

Turn 6

Archduke/Kaiser and our team have both hit 2 population, the others have not except for maybe Woden. That means no one else is working a 3Icon_Food tile, at least immediately. Still no era score elsewhere.

Warrior moves east, uncovers the northern coast and diamonds, along with the barbarian scout:

There’s no room to fit two cities on this river. Coast gets the tea, stone and diamonds plus more faith. Appeal is such that the open grassland tile (the one I’d typically want to settle on) is the only breathtaking one up there though that changes as soon as I mine those diamonds. I’m going to move to the diamonds next turn to get a better view, then perhaps go east along the coast. I’d like to get the south defogged to make sure that I’m not putting those hill truffles to the south out of usable range.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

Maybe you get me the masonry eureka. We will see.

Certainly a good city up there

If I settle the stone I can always use the hill truffles

TURN 7

Nothing happens no new land scouted.

Micro the cap again.

[Image: 416TH2e.jpg]

Will spend some time today working out how best to build this settler next.

I would suggest seeing if you can get your capital to 3 population and keep it there when the settler completes. That will mean having 24-33 food in the growth pool when the settler pops out.

In my capital's case if I work the rice and deer first and then add the plains hill forest with the third population I am just able to keep my capital at 3 population and complete the settler on Turn 18. Based on that my suggestion would be to work the marsh and either the grassland hill forest or the turtles, followed by the plains hill forest at 3 population. What's your current food situation at the capital?

i tested that an it was better to arrive at 3 pop at same time as settler.

if i work the marsh and Turtle i get settler on turn 20 and have 9 turns to 3 pop again.

if i work the 2/2 and turt i get settler on 19 and have 7 turns to 30 pop.

Will try some other possibilities.