As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

i tend to think it's settler earlier
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

How do the numbers look if you work the marsh and the 2/2 until the city grows to pop 3, then switch over to turtles + plains hill forest + grassland hill forest to complete the settler? Whether or not to let the city building the settler shrink in population is a judgement call but if there's a chance to keep the city at 3 pop when the settler completes that's just a little more yields while the settler is moving to its spot. Of course, it's also not worth delaying a settler to T23 or T24 if that's what it takes to keep the city at 3 pop if the settler could be out on T19. A 1-2 turn delay might be worth it, though.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Will run that test and let you know.

No way to keep at 3 pop no matter what I do. Well unless i build a builder first.

If you can't keep 3 pop then get the settler out as fast as possible.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

that gets me settler on turn 20 with 5 to go to growth.

i also lose some gold and science.

Turn 17 is possible but that drops me to 1 pop.

I think the turn 19 one is the way forward. Maximises gold science and is a bit earlier on Settler.

I assume you kept the +3 tile on all the time?

max gold and science with

In my own calculations, yes - I'm working the 3Icon_Food rice from the start, added in the 2Icon_Food2Icon_Production deer for now. I need to see what my numbers say when I get home - I think I'm dropping back to 2 population despite my earlier statements.

Astrology cat is out of the bag. Hopefully we got a (very slight) jump on everyone else.

certainly on wooden lol. He was always going sailing anyway.

shame that.

Where is Mysticism?

I wasn't going to bother with Machu Picchu but this map looks good for it perhaps. We will see in 50 turns lol

Turn 7

I didn’t find anything along the coast – just some flat plains east of the stone, tundra to the NE and no reefs in the coastal waters north. Also forgot to take a screenshot. I’ll be crossing the river to the stone next turn.