As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

Turn 8

Slinger complete and immediately finds pearls for cap.

[Image: JWvlLFk.jpg]

In the south we have 2 Rivers not one and uninspiring land. would have preferred desert perhaps.

[Image: YGQ87jq.jpg]

[Image: gNxG6Zd.jpg]

Might Get tea.

[Image: v7l9LeH.jpg]

Dotmap for cities is difficult. May be a case for me settling the TEA but we need more land revealed to tell for sure. Slinger will head east.

Need a plan for the barb camp.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

I don't like the Crater Lake dotmap -- the cocoa is a bit too valuable as a resource to put third ring like that. You've also laid out 5 districts and there isn't enough food to support more than three here. It's a bit of a mess but you could settle where you've marked the Commercial Hub - Holy Site stays where it is, pyramids can go NW of the Holy Site and you can put the Government Plaza and Campus on the two plains tiles NW/W of the Commercial Hub pin. However, it'll be a while before the city hits 7 pop so perhaps the Govt Plaza should go in a different city? Likewise, shifting the city to the river gives you room to settle the other side of Lake Tai[?] - if you settle where marked you can't use that lake and chances are there will be better tiles over there (just based on "averages").
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

yeah much depends on the desert area need a city in there.

it won't get the gov plaza and that map out was pre chocolate.

Turn 8

Took a look at my numbers and realized I had my Icon_Food counts off for my initial 25 turn micro. Settler due out EoT19 and capital will drop to 2 population for four turns after it completes.

Warrior moves to the stone:

I’m going E-SE from here to defog along the plains to the north bank of that other river.

Kaiser has earned two era score. Capital will acquire the truffles next turn. That will give us a little more visibility in that direction though it’s just going to be coast that’s revealed. I also noticed that there’s a river in the fog on the eastern edge of the desert geothermal fissure 3 E of my capital:

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

I saw that river on turn 2 sorry I thought you had too.

TURN 9

Got the tea, not sure it matters as won't be working it for over 12 turns anyway but gives better options than the fish. 

Good city NE of my cap but rules out the tea settle. 

Criminal not to have my plaza on a river but may be the best option we will see. 

[Image: hXb8ohp.jpg]

really good city in south as well but again I need that desert city as my 3rd City. Need that mapped out before finalising anything. 

[Image: xgZcoa4.jpg]

Update today anything else it brings we need to note?

Turn 9

Took at least the morning off in order to sleep in and dig out. Had somewhere between 8-10 inches plus deeper drifts in spots.

Capital expands to the truffles, warrior out next turn. I think what I’ll do is keep the northern warrior moving eastwards and send the new one to defog the area between my capital and Lake Tai. Warrior moves E-SE, reveals only a tundra forest at the riverbend.

I’ll move back NE next turn, then along the north bank of the river.

Patch notes are up at https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/d...t-15982308

hopefully you find that scout up there.

Fixed an issue where Wonder build requirements were being fulfilled by districts owned by other players. booooooooooo

[Gathering Storm] Fixed an issue with John Curtin’s leader ability, Citadel of Civilization, lasting for 20 turns when it should last for 10 turns. yayyyy

[Gathering Storm] Amenities

o Restoring penalties from Negative Amenities back to their previous thresholds:

Revolt will occur at -7

Unrest will occur at -6 to -5

Unhappy will be -4 to -3

Displeased will be -2 to -1

Content will be 0 to 2

o Increased Happy to +10% and Ecstatic to 20%.

interesting as we could get some really good amenities with TOA and Coliseum wasn't planning to build coliseum.

That's some snow. Almost never snows here.