As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

Yeah we can sort out nearer the time.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Turn 10

Warrior completes, start settler. Warriors move and uncover nothing new this turn. There’ll be stuff to see next turn.

Ljubljana has completed a tech, that’s the first of the game.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

TURN 11

nothing much happens, set the barb trap.

[Image: iwXAHtd.jpg]

map out the south a bit not as much desert as I would like.

[Image: IiFvkil.jpg]

City in the south is poor on production.

Hello guys, just dropped by to say I've read the entire thread and plan to dedlurk your exploits. I really love the naming synergy of your capitals and wish you a pleasant and successful game!

popcorn

red-baron: thumbsup

That's an interesting development to your southwest given that the land runs out. Once the barbs are dealt with I think they should check out what's W of your capital via the land bridge.

Turn 11

Pottery complete. Start Animal Husbandry for the run to Sailing. Archduke, Kaiser and CMF have also completed techs, no other score changes. Northern warrior finds lots of tundra hill forests – good for chopping later. Southern warrior finds a short river that’ll allow second ring access to the truffles.

The downside is that I’d need to settle on the coastal forest, otherwise they’d be third ring. The area has presented an interesting decision – along the north/south axis defined by these two rivers there’s only room for two cities. Once I get the other riverbank defogged I’ll need to start running potential micro.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

TURN 12

Capital keeps going on settler

[Image: IbK6uAc.jpg]

Smack the barb spear for 20. It will hit me next and we will both take damage and I will run away to heal.

[Image: ZPpHTMT.jpg]

Decide to go down coast in SW so I don't have to come back here ideally. Glad I do as land offshore shows up. 

[Image: CRbllG6.jpg]

(December 19th, 2020, 06:23)red_baron Wrote: Hello guys, just dropped by to say I've read the entire thread and plan to dedlurk your exploits. I really love the naming synergy of your capitals and wish you a pleasant and successful game!

popcorn

Glad to have you on board. The synergy probably stops now lol.

(December 19th, 2020, 12:39)suboptimal Wrote: red-baron: thumbsup

That's an interesting development to your southwest given that the land runs out.  Once the barbs are dealt with I think they should check out what's W of your capital via the land bridge. 

Turn 11

Pottery complete.  Start Animal Husbandry for the run to Sailing.  Archduke, Kaiser and CMF have also completed techs, no other score changes. Northern warrior finds lots of tundra hill forests – good for chopping later.  Southern warrior finds a short river that’ll allow second ring access to the truffles.

The downside is that I’d need to settle on the coastal forest, otherwise they’d be third ring.  The area has presented an interesting decision – along the north/south axis defined by these two rivers there’s only room for two cities.  Once I get the other riverbank defogged I’ll need to start running potential micro.

What techs does pottery reveal?

Played as Indonesia today for fun. Really strong civ.

Ya know, I completely forgot to look. Here's the tech tree:

Was hoping for massonary but you can't have everything.