As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

I will get you a best possible turn for founding tomorrow. No faffing about. I believe we can beat turn 41.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

I'm curious if Fertility Rites would be competitive for "best possible turn".  Buy the shrine with gold, build a builder at Allan McGregor, have the second builder pop out when choosing the pantheon.

Pantheon

Effect
Monument to the Gods
Fertility Rites
+15% Icon_Production to Ancient and Classical era Wonders.
When chosen receive a Builder in your capital. City growth rate is 10% higher.

Religion

Founder

Follower

Enhancer

Building
Desired
Sacred Places 2 Icon_Culture 2 Icon_Gold 2 Icon_Faith 2 Icon_Science each city with a wonder
Choral Music Icon_Culture
Defender of the Faith
Gurdwara 3 Icon_Faith 2 Icon_Food 1 housing
Options
Pilgrimage 2 Icon_Faith each city
Tithe 3 Icon_Gold each city
Feed the World Icon_Food
Work Ethic Icon_Production
Divine Inspiration Icon_Faith
Religious Colonization
Synagogue 5Icon_Faith
Wat 3Icon_Faith 2Icon_Science

edit: replaced Church Property for Tithe

I need two builders though. One bought in new city or I lose the forest starting Stonehenge.

I can shave a turn or two by sacrifice of the forest.

Truth is if I get the pantheon at say turn 35 I don't get Stonehenge till later.

Ah I get you builder from pantheon and build.

That's a duff pantheon and a lost forest with no guarantee of success on the pantheon.

Pretty sure I can get this to turn 38.

About that forest, remember, the breakeven on chop vs. builder charge is 27Icon_Production. If you have three civics completed the forest is worth 27Icon_Production. It's worth 25Icon_Production at 3 techs complete and 29Icon_Production at 4 techs complete. At worst you're losing 2-3 production (3 if you get five techs complete) on a 180Icon_Production build. Paving over the forest is not a significant enough of a loss to worry about. I'll also note that the free builder from the pantheon will increase the cost of the next one by four (that also applies to free builders from Ancestral Hall - they increase the cost of the next constructed one).

If the pantheon were coming in earlier I'd say one of those would be a consideration. Right now, though, the pantheon is the bottleneck as that requires faith generation. Stonehenge will actually complete before the pantheon is available and you can't found a religion without one. However, a T41 pantheon I think still gets the first religion.

Church Property is also not available under Gathering Storm rules. It's replaced by Tithe, which is 3Icon_Gold per city following this religion.

Regarding pantheon selection you may want to give consideration to Lady of the Reeds and Marshes. In GS that's +2Icon_Production to desert floodplains, marsh and oasis. You've got marsh at the capital, three desert floodplains at the Gobi Desert site and two marshes in the second ring at Stonehenge. It would require rejiggering the layout at the Gobi Desert location but having a city with three 2Icon_Food2Icon_Production tiles on founding makes that a much better location.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

ok some timeline stuff

settler at turn 19.

Second city turn 23 and buy builder.

turn 25 chop forest and start Stonehenge. Note production - 10% due to amenities already.

turn 26 - 26 hammers in Stonehenge 53 after charge

turn 27 holy site finishes. builder starts due in 5, Stonehenge. 82

turn 28 builder uses last charge and Stonehenge as 111

turn 29 buy tile Stonehenge for 60 gold.

Turn 36 new builder puts a charge in stonehenge. 171/180 prod. 2 turns to finish naturally or 1 turn to use a charge charge is a waste and I want 3 charges for improvement.

I can get stonehenge down a turn by working the unforrested plains hill a few turns.

I think I can get Stonehenge turn 37 for sure. turn 39 pantheon and religion.

2 gold to change into god king makes it 38 pantheon.

Not to much sacrifice made to do that. Bit of growth in both cities.

i think those marshes and flood planes go ultimately. for wonders and districts but i am considering that.

Won't I get 3 faith from stonehenge as the great prophet point gets converted to faith

Not from Stonehenge of course but the hs goes up to 3.

The build plan sounds good. You're correct - when you get the prophet from Stonehenge the prophet points from the Holy Site are converted to faith at a 1:1 basis.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)