As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

that's the other side of this. You are better on coast than me.

It has advantages both ways.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Turn 17

Western warrior moves towards the camp:

The scout may be between the camp and my capital – IIRC they spawn NE of the camp and if that’s blocked they go clockwise until they find a valid spawn tile. The good news for me is that the camp is on flat ground. Out east I move south:

It’s an absolutely dreadful city location but a nice Campus spot. That makes three such spots in this direction. I’m going to move SE-E to the geothermal vent to defog the coast. Appeal over here is garbage and I’d need to take that into account.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Turn 18

Bit boring next turn has more going on. will I be first to get a settler out.

Slinger has a promotion but moves out and almost kills spear instead. Warrior goes for camp.

[Image: kP0UVMf.jpg]

Ljubljana has 2 tech which is quite something. Maybe settled tea or something.

[Image: RVA2QOf.jpg]

If you want to buy the builder at the second city the turn it founds I'll transfer Icon_Gold over in a couple of turns.

Ljublana is probably working turtles since it benefits Phoenicia to settle on the coast. They may or may not have tea depending on whether they are on the same continent as us (and how heavily this map has been edited).

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

Yeah that would be great re gold. I need to chop the woods to place Stonehenge.

Need to buy the builder on turn 23.

I will have 2.5 researched next turn in fairness. Probably is turtles.

Don't chop the woods, just pave them over. A chop is 4Icon_Production less than a builder charge. You'll have 2 techs and 1 civic complete when you settle the city. That makes a forest chop worth 23Icon_Production. A builder is 15% of the wonder = 27Icon_Production. Even if you finish a third tech it'll still be only 25Icon_Production for the forest. It's small and possibly contradicts something I said earlier, but that's also a turn of Icon_Production out of the new city.

Perhaps the forest chop can go towards a unit, building, or a Holy Site to be completed after Stonehenge.

The forest is where Stonehenge is going unless for some reason we wanted to pave over the rice tile. However, given that this map seems to put a premium on food resources the forest is disappearing.

(December 30th, 2020, 20:38)Bruindane Wrote: Perhaps the forest chop can go towards a unit, building, or a Holy Site to be completed after Stonehenge.

all chops should go to non wonders as that gives maximum flexibility. Except this one as getting the religion is so important. Suboptimal is correct the best course is not to chop this as crazy as that feels. Better bang for your buck on a builder charge. Also allows me to start Stonehenge 2 turns earlier. 

i don't think we get stonehenge any earlier as the limiting factor on that is the second builder arriving. What we may get is  not to have to buy the tile at 2nd city or save a builder charge if we do. extra growth in 2nd city also possible.

i will do some testing today.