As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

Turn 21

Anything new this turn? Nah. Not really. I did attack the camp – that earned my warrior a promotion which I’ll take next turn. The spearman is under 10 damage and my warrior is at 16 damage. I’ve relocated pins for the districts at the capital along with a putative ‘City A’ at that southwestern river location. I don’t think that’ll be city #4 unless Shipbuilding is the one that’s buried in the tech tree.

Internationally Woden got his second tech, CMF regrew his population from the settler and Archduke is the first to settle a city. The only good news about that is we’re only 2-4 turns behind him.

Roland, next turn I’ll send you a gift of 119Icon_Gold. Given that you’ll have 81 next turn that should be sufficient to purchase the builder.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

no problem.

I will clear the camp for cash to send back soon.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

I'll be clearing the camp in two turns - that plus income will be enough to buy the rice at City #2. I'll also likely be shifting the capital's citizens around next turn (or the turn after) to get growth back on track.

I'd say keep your camp cash for the time being - if I need extra later on I can ask. You might want to use it for a tile buy or two at the new city (I'd suggest the marsh truffles for rapid growth once Stonehenge is complete).

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

(January 4th, 2021, 18:11)suboptimal Wrote: I'll be clearing the camp in two turns - that plus income will be enough to buy the rice at City #2.  I'll also likely be shifting the capital's citizens around next turn (or the turn after) to get growth back on track.

I'd say keep your camp cash for the time being - if I need extra later on I can ask.  You might want to use it for a tile buy or two at the new city (I'd suggest the marsh truffles for rapid growth once Stonehenge is complete).

Stonehenge will get me 2 tiles that one included.

TURN 22

Shuffle units, founding next turn.

[Image: tx7o4fT.jpg]

I do realise that given we are not chopping Stonehenge we should have bought builder at cap this turn and farmed the wheat. Not sure it matters now as stopping needing it in 2 turns.

we should be looking to buy traders, monuments, granarys & shrines with gold there are no cards to help with those.

I'll send the cash over this turn and you can proceed with that if you want.

I agree about buying monuments and shrines (if we land choral music). Purchasing traders and granaries is more situational. Depending on when particular wonder builds become available we might want to consider buying builders.

Speaking of traders do we want to use the first routes internally (for Icon_Food/Icon_Production) or send them to each other to get the Icon_Gold economy up and running early?

I really am not sure on traders. I normally like internal.

perhaps internal initially then international as gold becomes more valuable.

we can definitely buy builders with gold and faith especially if we get pyramids and once feudalism comes in. Liang in place for max value.

100 faith or 300 gold may buy a whole wonder at that point.

Turn 22

Before I do anything else and forget I send 120Icon_Gold over to Roland. Don’t spend it all in one place. Oh, wait, that’s the plan! lol I do see that the money hasn’t left my account yet. Wonder if there’s spending on credit. mischief

Warrior attacking camp takes Battlecry and I’ll clear that camp next turn. Warrior/settler pair move onto the horses. Next turn I’ll cross the river into the forest. That’ll give me a 3-range view to the NE/E. Settlement on track for Turn 25.

At the capital I stop working the truffles and move that citizen back over to the rice. That adds a turn to the builder completion time but cuts city growth down to 4 turns (from 11). This puts the builder out on Turn 27 and the settler that follows would be on Turn 38.

My intermediate term plan is to tech Astrology → Writing next, with the intent of building a Holy Site at the capital and the Campus at City #2 as soon as their corresponding techs are complete. Both will be for 3 era score. I should be getting 3 era score for my first boat and two each from the barbarian camps. That puts me at 17/25 and I’d need to find 8 more era score in order to get Monumentality during the Classical Age.

I’ve also rearranged the pins over at City #3 back to my original configuration:

There’s a small part of me wondering if it’d be worth sacrificing the 2Icon_Faith per turn and swapping the locations of the Campus and city center. The Campus would still be a +2 (it gets +0.5 from each coast tile) and the city gets an extra Icon_Production per turn for being on a plains hill. Another tempting idea is to settle on the diamonds and put the Holy Site on the woods to the SE for a district triangle. That’d give me two +3 adjacency districts, let me chop that forest while maintaining the regional appeal and I’d be able to make use of the wheat. Looks like I’ve got some numbers to run.

Kaiser settled his second city this turn.