As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

the number of turns on the unrevealed techs is strange.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

It occurred to me late last night that we had seen two scouts - I had forgotten that I injured one. If I had to guess, the scout north of the capital is from the camp you just cleared and the injured one is from the camp to my east. It also looks like the uninjured scout is going to start a suicide run on the capital - that's the only reason it would have entered my borders. I'm also going to break the warrior off the settler and put it between the injured scout and the camp to try to cut if off and kill it before it can trigger a spawn.

I also won't need to go scouting with the builder -- I'll have a boat out three turns after the builder completes. I'm going to farm the rice, camp the truffles and then put down a farm on the wheat or City #2's rice. I'll worry about improved sea resources later.

The number of turns on the unrevealed techs makes sense. All of the techs in a given column of the tree have the same Icon_Science (or Icon_Culture) cost. The second column is 50Icon_Science (11 turns at 4.9Icon_Science per turn), the third is 80:science (17 turns at 4.9:science).
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

aren't BW and Masonry both 80 though?

But no you are saying the cost isn't by tech but by column.

I see.

Let's hope masonry is 50 as that will need hard teched.

Shuffle mode determines tech/civics costs by tree location. Civics this game will be slow to start out because everything costs 80Icon_Culture to complete due to the tree's construction.

As far as Masonry is concerned at least one of us will get the eureka for it when the other completes it. We'll see where it falls in the tree and go from there. If it's the only one we don't boost "organically" we're still doing OK.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

Hopefully choral music gives us a boost up on the civics tree over others.

I will need masonry to get a golden age i think. Will need it for pyramids relatively soon anyway so i probably go for it. I will have 2 tea and a turtles fairly soon hopefully.

Especially as we will be slow to political philosophy.

Depending on the map setup I don't know that we'll be as slow to Political Philosophy as you think. The boats should be able to locate three city-states (and hopefully a continental border) in a reasonable amount of time. It's just a matter of what civics stand between Mysticism and PP to complete it. Early Empire and State Workforce should be the current priorities as these unlock governor promotions, followed by Foriegn Trade to get trade routes going.

Turn 24

Open the save to the red exclamation point of doom:

So, that scout goes with the eastern camp, what camp does the wounded scout belong to? The first possibility is that the scout belongs to a camp in the fog to the north. The second is that it belongs to that eastern camp. However, I think it’s more likely that the wounded scout belongs to the eastern camp. I unlink the settler and warrior. Settler moves to the city location and will settle next turn. Warrior moves to the horses and I’ll repel/pursue/kill the injured scout and then return to the second city for defense. I start bringing the western warrior back because this could get tricky. I might delay the settler to get out a warrior or slinger for added protection.

Ljubljana has completed his third tech and got his third domestic tourist.

You can stop that scout getting back to his camp perhaps.

do you want my slinger to start heading over.

My main focus will be on the scout that's injured. I either need to keep it from getting to my capital's borders or, more likely, pin it between the desert and the capital, kill it and then get back to the city for defense. The western warrior will come back for capital defense. I think warrior next will be the plan at the capital. First boat in 5 turns.

TURN 25

Good and bad news on barbs.

Triggered scout heads north so probably another camp up there. I move my slinger that way to help and to scout out land. Other scout back into the fog so may well not have seen the city centre.

[Image: rBfD50G.jpg]

Mining in and we get lucky. I will pick up AH then sailing then go back for masonry. I want to improve turtles and truffles.

[Image: ivOy62P.jpg]

STONEHENGE starts. YAY.

[Image: SRS03Bx.jpg]

Worker coming across to Stonehenge.