As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

Interesting tech tree. I think my tech plan will be Sailing -> Astrology -> Writing -> Wheel -> Bronze Working. Slinger at the capital next, followed by a settler for City #3. I'll find Shipbuilding in the tree with the second galley out and then work towards that.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

at cap i need builder then shrine.

at second city SH then maybe monument into builder then both on settlers. This city needs a campus as well.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

That southern scout can't be allowed back to camp if it alerts. I just realized that if that camp spawns it's going to be spitting out horses.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

Yeah good point.

I think it turned away from your capital in fairness but we will see.

fairly sure it did.

there is or at least was recently also a bug allowing barbs to destroy your capital i think.

Turn 25

I’m accustomed to a smooth ride,
Or maybe I’m a dog who’s lost its bite
I don’t expect to be treated like a fool no more
I don’t expect to sleep through the night
Some people say a lie’s a lie’s a lie
But I say why
Why deny

I buy the rice tile and start working it. City starts a monument. Attention now shifts to that injured scout – its home camp will spit out horses if given the chance which means that scout, and the camp, must die swiftly. Warrior moves to the open desert and I find the scout on the point of land. I move onto the geothermal vent to prevent the scout moving west:

The good news here is that the scout is likely dead next turn. The combat UI shows that the scout will lose most or all of its damage on my next attack, provided it stays put. The furthest it can get is across the river, which I can go around before attacking. However, that will get it off the floodplain so it’ll likely only be redlined.

Other warrior is coming up the coast, 5 turns to get to my capital’s western borders. Capital will grow next turn, builder completes the turn after that.

Only big change internationally was MptF settling his second city. Only Ljubljana and Woden have not settled their second city yet. Kaiser has crossed the 100Icon_Culture mark.

That is a very nice city.

Turn 26

Eastern scout does as you suggested. I should be able to cut of northern scout.

[Image: QkQhNUR.jpg]

Micro capital for food. HS next turn.

[Image: q6GR00U.jpg]

Yeah, that city is pulling in 6Icon_Faith immediately on founding (well, OK, 5.4 after amenities rolleye). My Icon_Faith train is starting to roll.

Turn 26

You Can Call Me Al grows in population. Autogovernor puts the citizen on the truffles, I move it to the PFH as I want a little more Icon_Production than Icon_Gold right now.

Attack the scout and am not able to kill it. It’s under 10 damage. It will most likely move back towards the camp. Since barbarian spears with no damage have a tendency to come out to attack units that are injured so I’m not inclined to pursue immediately and will instead park here to heal for a couple of turns and then go take out the camp. I can always hope it crosses the river again, in which case I can kill it without too much fuss.

MarcoPolo got three era score this past turn. However, CMF didn’t also gain a point so that wasn’t a natural wonder but likely a barb camp. Ljublana and Woden continue their slow start. Archduke gained two empire score. I’ll have a galley out the turn I complete Sailing.