As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

(January 20th, 2021, 02:24)roland of gilead Wrote: They must be doing something with tiles. Quite something. Working 3 at least with science on them.

I think you head towards then at least 1 city state that way?

good chance you can get some era score from meetings. perhaps even natural wonders

I take it "then" was a typo for "them", so south it is.  I'll send the second galley east once the third galley is almost ready. 

For the barbarian in the north I'm going to go find and clear the camp first -- camps will spawn a replacement scout five turns after their scout is killed and I think we've got 3 turns before a new scout appears.  That's a bigger threat than the spearman.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

(January 20th, 2021, 08:26)suboptimal Wrote:
(January 20th, 2021, 02:24)roland of gilead Wrote: They must be doing something with tiles. Quite something. Working 3 at least with science on them.

I think you head towards then at least 1 city state that way?

good chance you can get some era score from meetings. perhaps even natural wonders

I take it "then" was a typo for "them", so south it is.  I'll send the second galley east once the third galley is almost ready. 

For the barbarian in the north I'm going to go find and clear the camp first -- camps will spawn a replacement scout five turns after their scout is killed and I think we've got 3 turns before a new scout appears.  That's a bigger threat than the spearman.

I did indeed mean them. 

scouting early as you know is always good as it get's harder once borders close and units get in the way. 

you want to be getting triremes don't you for later upgrade to Jongs?

if not for your influence i would have gone full farmer at the start. would have been a mistake with 5 barb camps to contest with. 
if others have let's hope it has some consequences for them or we may have a bit of catching up to do.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

If not for the barbarians full farmer is always an option. However, if others are seeing the camps spawn at the rates we are then anyone that went full farmer is in trouble. OTOH with all the barbarian-beating going on we should see a temporary lull in camp spawns and should try to take advantage of it (more units killed -> lower boldness -> fewer spawns). So far it doesn't seem to have impacted Ljubljana much but we'll see what happens if his military goes to zero.

For boats, yes, I want to get Shipbuilding for quadriremes and then stockpile Icon_Gold for jong upgrades. In PBEM 14 I did a bunch of Icon_Gold and Icon_Faith chops for the upgrades and purchases and don't want to do that here. Of course, my Icon_Faith generation in that game was Goddess of the Harvest so that was a different dynamic.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

good old goddesses of the harvest those were the days. I need to go read PBEM 14

i need to find a way to get a run of great wall and sort out some gold for us. So little land though.

Turn 37

Warrior attacks scout. Scout dies. Bronze Working eureka gotten, it’s after Wheel. I’ll use that warrior to fully defog the area east of Obvious Child. I fortify my other warrior in place for the time being. It’ll stay there until the settler catches up with it. Slinger moves off to the east. Kill the camp before anything spawns, then I’ll track down the spearman. Oh, looky:

I am hoping that scout was indeed associated with this camp, because this camp has coast tiles on four sides. No quadriremes, no whammies, no whammies! It’s on a hill so it’ll be two turns to clear. I’ll be adjacent next turn so hopefully that keeps the spawns from occurring. It’ll also give me a view as to what’s up here.

I do send my galley at the capital south – I’m going to post a picket so I can see him coming. Woden’s longship has disappeared into the fog, though it’s likely not the last we’ve seen of it. Galley moves SW then SE. Will continue south next turn.

Ljubljana must be fighting barbs – he’s down to a milpower of 8. Kaiser’s got his second settler out, Archduke hasn’t settled yet. CMF completed his fifth tech.

TURN 38

Noting happens in the world. Including me not getting a pantheon as I should have. pfffffffffft

[Image: RTMwx5N.jpg]

First lavra is up. Russia really are a great civ.

[Image: RONtDIZ.jpg]

Interesting. Wonder what's going on there? Hopefully you'll get it next turn. Do you know what pantheon you're taking?

Given that it's 2/60 I'm assuming that it's Russia.

definitely a lavra as it is getting writer points.

I think i take the wonder pantheon. Unless something else really tempting is still there. Fishing boats or plantation one which seems unlikely.

wonder one is worth quite a lot of hammers to me.

(January 21st, 2021, 09:23)roland of gilead Wrote: definitely a lavra as it is getting writer points.

I think i take the wonder pantheon. Unless something else really tempting is still there. Fishing boats or plantation one which seems unlikely.

wonder one is worth quite a lot of hammers to me.

There was a suggestion for Lady of Reeds and Marshes.

You get 2 Icon_Production per swamp and desert flood plain.  The Gobi Desert has 3 flood plains worth 6 Icon_Production , and you have 3 swamps in your first two cities worth 6 Icon_Production .  So, this pantheon may be worth 10 Icon_Production if you settle on a flood plain.

Monument to the Gods provides a 15% bonus Icon_Production towards Ancient & Classical wonders.   To match 10 Icon_Production you need to ~60 Icon_Production going towards building wonders at the same time.

trouble is with so little space i need all those tiles for districts or wonders.

well not all but most.

certainly one to consider.

i was planning to lift the 2 marshes pretty soon one at each city. one for a +3 campus but i can re plan and see

do we have any idea how many pantheons are gone? quite a few i suspect.