As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

good turn.

yeah as soon as i have the faith i will get a missionary over to you.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

TURN 41

Pheww

Firstly Woden has moved on.

I meet the city state and have an envoy for some reason as well.

[Image: HIXZ5Og.jpg]

I go back to farming mode and look to build granary's at both cities before moving on to settlers in both with policy card in place.

12 turns to aa missionary SUb.

[Image: AFxvneN.jpg]

Russia up to 2 lavra.

[Image: EmCn1aA.jpg]

Round up of culture and Science tree. can you post yours Sub please?

[Image: fb7W2MO.jpg]

[Image: niCSE1i.jpg]

I also notice I got 2 culture from a envoy at Rapa was expecting 1.

It also wants me to kill a barb camp within 5 tiles so watch out.

I'll post my trees on my next turn, though there's nothing new. You're further along in the tech tree (having completed Writing) and the only thing "new" is that I've revealed Bronze Working, which we already knew was the tech above Writing. I'll have Early Empire completed the turn after next and will post the civics tree then.

Yeah, that envoy quest is...useless. rolleye It's +2Icon_Culture instead of +1 because the various DLCs from NFP are not in play. It's the standard rules for envoys - +2 in the capital for 1, +2 in Tier 1 buildings for 3 and +2 in Tier 2 buildings for 6. If the new rules applied you'd see the Diplomatic Quarter available as a build in Mathematics.

Speaking of Mathematics, do you think it'd be better to get Petra or Pyramids first? My initial inclination is Petra first because that city would become a self-sustaining monster very quickly and it'd only take two builders to get up and running (six charges + two great walls).
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

(January 24th, 2021, 12:26)suboptimal Wrote: I'll post my trees on my next turn, though there's nothing new.  You're further along in the tech tree (having completed Writing) and the only thing "new" is that I've revealed Bronze Working, which we already knew was the tech above Writing.  I'll have Early Empire completed the turn after next and will post the civics tree then.

Yeah, that envoy quest is...useless.  rolleye  It's +2Icon_Culture instead of +1 because the various DLCs from NFP are not in play.  It's the standard rules for envoys - +2 in the capital for 1, +2 in Tier 1 buildings for 3 and +2 in Tier 2 buildings for 6.  If the new rules applied you'd see the Diplomatic Quarter available as a build in Mathematics.

Speaking of Mathematics, do you think it'd be better to get Petra or Pyramids first?  My initial inclination is Petra first because that city would become a self-sustaining monster very quickly and it'd only take two builders to get up and running (six charges + two great walls).

Pyramids snowballs though. free builder and extra charge on all builders. 

My plan is build 2 builders and use 3 charges from each. after that i end up back at 8 charges. 4 + 2 + 2

i will build a settler in both cities next with policy in place then 2 builders. with policy in place. 

i can always do both petra and pyramids but not chocolate right now. capital needs apadana fairly soon to get use of religion bonus asap but that can be after maybe with faith bough builders. they are best bought after fudelism though.

Sounds good. Just noticed that someone else has also completed a Holy Site and is getting 1 GPP per turn. My guess is that would be Japan.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

Turn 41

Early Empire is boosted, two turns to go. You Can Call Me Al is working the truffles again, Obvious Child is working the PFH and complaining about amenities.

Eastern warrior heads for OC to heal. Settler has met up with the western one, they’ll head north together next turn. City up there in three turns. Slinger moves west, doesn’t see the spearman. I’m going to assume it’s crossed the river south in pursuit of the Chinese unit.

Galley close to home finds that the bit of land is a single tile island. I think I found where Rapa Nui’s barbarian camp is located:

I also think this is a bigger piece of land than most. Nothing on Settlervision.

Here’s the current state of my trees:

Ljubljana spent a bunch of Icon_Gold last turn, – dropped from 196 to 25 with an income of 7. He also got his pantheon last turn as Icon_Faith dropped from 24 to 1. He also got six era score. The person earning GPP besides Russia is Kaiser. Archduke got his fourth civic. Marcopolo also just got his third tech.

With a governor coming up in two turns, there are two, let's say, unusual candidates to consider.

Reyna can bring Forestry Management on the first promotion.

Quote:This city receives +2 Icon_Gold  for each unimproved feature.  Tiles adjacent to unimproved features receive +1 Appeal in this city.

Amani can do the suzerain hop on the city states.

Quote:City-State's First Suzerain
2 Era Score

What the over/under on how many times will Rapa Nui be conquered this game?

Hmmmm....you've made an interesting point about Reyna. I'll need to check the planned city sites to see what sort of advantage she'd bring, though the bonus Icon_Gold is applied as additional yield to worked tiles. I think Obvious Child could be a candidate. Of course, once we started routing international trade routes between ourselves putting Reyna in a city in the middle could be quite lucrative. Need to keep an open mind about how a team game changes some of these dynamics.

Having said that, let's have a look at things. Feature = rainforest, marsh, forest, geothermal fissure, floodplain. What could Reyna do at each of my first three cities?

Al: Everything is already high appeal except the two northern forests. I'd get bonus Icon_Gold from the deer (as long as I don't camp it), the PFG and the two northern forests.
Obvious Child: She'd make the two forests have appeal of 4 and 3. I could do that by harvesting the marsh and getting its Icon_Food. They'd also be the only Icon_Gold increases for the time being.
City #3: The appeal bonus doesn't make much of a difference. It'd keep the diamonds at breathtaking if I were to quarry the stone (more likely to harvest that) and she'd make the forest east of the city breathtaking. Her more obvious use would be later in the game when Roland and I start routing trade routes to each other's cities - she'd bring us +3Icon_Gold per trade route coming from China.

Reyna's benefits only last until Construction - at that point I'd be lumbermilling any forest that could take one. The only times I've been able to use her effectively is in a jungle start.

The other consideration is that Magnus with Provision is almost a must for anyone using Monumentality to expand. I may need to build that Government Plaza sooner rather than later after all. If Defensive Tactics and Recorded History are "easy" to get that also changes things a bit.

The suzerain hop could be good, provided I find at least two more city-states and get envoys in both of them in the next 19 turns. I think Rapa Nui will be subjected to more of a suzerainty battle than outright conquering. Moai can be a significant source of Icon_Culture if you've got the right land for it. I, sadly, do not. Note that the wiki is incorrect - Moai cannot be built next to any trees. In fact, on my half of the land mass I have only three valid tiles to place one and two of them have stone resources on them. Suffice it to say I don't need or want Rapa Nui's suzerainty unless it's for era score.

TURN 42

Nothing happens except Lubjana has a boat I believe.

[Image: 9xZr7G6.jpg]