As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

Turn 42

Warriors and settlers move. Slinger goes spearman hunting, finds it across the river on the deer, right where Roland left it. I’ll start working it over next turn. Eastern galley finds the continent of Kazahkstania:

Settlervision comes up empty. Southern galley finds a barbarian scout and quite a bit more land:

Also nothing in terms of nearby settlements.

Archduke has his sixth tech. Marcopolo has a settler out.

I’m completing Early Empire next turn and remain of the opinion that Pingala in the capital is the way to go for the time being. State Workforce will be used to get him the Researcher promotion to get my Icon_Science rate up.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Turn 43

Had a think about Era Score. If I can get 2 from the camp and 1 from desert settle then either pyramids or a great wall does it.

I agree on Pingala and will go pick him up soon and get him promoted to boost science as well.

as for the turn nothing much happens.

[Image: eB7FNqI.jpg]
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Actually, given your plans might Liang be a good alternative for one of the first governor slots? Liang + pyramids gives your builders 6 charges, which is effectively 1 builder per wonder.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

(January 26th, 2021, 08:31)suboptimal Wrote: Actually, given your plans might Liang be a good alternative for one of the first governor slots?  Liang + pyramids gives your builders 6 charges, which is effectively 1 builder per wonder.

liang is great for sure. I just feel that i have builder charges. 2 more than anyone else hopefully. 

What i don't have is science and culture. 

It's certainly between those two. 

Liang will definitely come a bit down the road.

True....you could pick her up with one of the Classical governon promotions...

(January 26th, 2021, 11:52)suboptimal Wrote: True....you could pick her up with one of the Classical governon promotions...

at that point the charges are more valuable as well. Ie they cost more to build or buy.

Turn 43

Early Empire is complete. What’s that show us in the civics tree?

OK, we know where a governor promotion and Limes is located. I start State Workforce. Pingala is appointed and stationed to Al. No change in policies.

Settler moves to the city location, warrior follows. Other warrior is in OC’s territory, will move into the city to heal next turn. Spearman has crossed the river to play with my slinger. Spearman takes 27 damage and will either attack (because I cleared the camp) or run away (because it’s redlined). Either way I should be able to kill it.

Galley reaches the island and defogs it a bit more I choose to go east instead of south.

Nothing interesting on the island but those turtles to the NE indicate my next stop. Down south I move two tiles down the coast and see the name “Kara Sea”. That is...interesting. I wonder if we’re in the NE corner, Russia/Australia is south and Norway/Phoenicia is west? contemplate I move east with my last movement and the borders of city-state #2 peek out at me:

That looks like an industrial city-state. We’ll meet them next turn. Wonder if we’ll get another envoy out of it? This positioning has me thinking there’s a city-state somewhere between Rapa Nui and our starting area. I’ve got another galley out next turn and will send that two islands south and then turn west to investigate.

Archduke has settled his third city, Kaiser & Woden have his third civic, Ljubljana his fourth. Woden’s also got his fifth tech. CMF/Marcopolo have had an era score increase of 1/3; that might indicate they’ve found a natural wonder. Speaking of CMF/Marcopolo it’s starting to look like they’ll be on everyone’s radar as the runt of the litter. Marcopolo’s development is slow and I don’t know if that’s terrain, plan or player. It seems like a very slow start for Australia compared to my own start in PBEM 6 (until Archduke) and Alhambram’s in PBEM 17 (until he went tall).

Turn 44

Nothing much happens

That horse archer is back.

[Image: XQaAn3u.jpg]

your spear has gone awol Sub

[Image: BJ1Qh0A.jpg]

The spear is dead. My slinger wasn't damaged when I ended my turn - looks like a suicide run against the civ/unit that cleared the camp. One less thing to worry about. I'm going to send the sling back to the capital and move the warrior northeast to serve as a hunter/killer the next time a barb camp spawns up there.

Ahh that make sense.

do you have a resource you use to calculate damage done and taken?

Need to do some math on this horse archer. Moved up to the camp in the hope it swaps place with the spear so it's shooting me in defensive terrain.