As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

Also do you want cash to buy the trade route?
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Ok so Classical Science Eurekas.

Celestial Navigation Improve 2 Sea improvements - Sub will pick up as will I probably soonish
Construction  Building water mill - We both intend to build at capital
Currency Have trade route - Sub to get soon
Engineering Building ancient walls - I will be building at cap and any coastal City at least
Horseback Riding Improve pasture - Done by sub
Iron Working Improve iron mine - Need to find it first but I intend to pick up as i want Jebel.
Mathematics District 3 specialty districts - I will be getting HS Gov and either harbour or campus
Shipbuilding Unit 2 galleys - Sub has and will pass to me.

Classical Inspirations

Defensive Tactics Diplomacy be a DOW target - Not likely and I will hard tech
Drama and Poetry Wonder any - Done Me
Games and Recreation Tech Construction - I intend to work towards this.
Military Training District encampment - I need one but not sure when.
Political Philosophy Find 3 city-states - done by sub  dancing
Recorded History District 2 campuses - going to do but will be a while.
Theology Have religion - done by me I will pass on to Sub

Medieval Eurekas

Apprenticeship Improve 3 mines - I will do, Diamond copper and iron hopefully
Castles Have Government with 6 policy slots - ? will come certainly
Education Great Person great scientist - Maybe if I get oracle sorted.
Machinery Unit 3 archers - I intend to do soon as this is a key tech and I have build defence
Military Engineering District aqueduct - ? not sure
Military Tactics Kill with a spearman - ? not sure
Stirrups Civic Feudalism - priority for me.

Medieval Inspirations.

Civil Service  Have a size 10 city - ? Not sure
Divine Right Building 2 temples - Sub will get probably me too
Feudalism Improve 6 farms - I will prioritise
Guilds Building 2 markets - I will pick up.
Medieval Faires Have 4 trade routes - I intend to have one at all cities.
Mercenaries Unit 8 land combat units - Priority for Sub
Naval Tradition Kill with a quadrireme - Sub?

Cool stuff....I'm going to go through this, add a few things and consolidate it a bit for mutual reference. I've got another day off from work today while I dig out so I've got some free time on my hands (about 16 inches of snow to deal with).
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

(February 2nd, 2021, 09:05)suboptimal Wrote: Cool stuff....I'm going to go through this, add a few things and consolidate it a bit for mutual reference.  I've got another day off from work today while I dig out so I've got some free time on my hands (about 16 inches of snow to deal with).

good Stuff. 

doing it helped me make some decisions. Mostly around needing some campus in place soon.

Turn 50

Mining is done, start Wheel. Good timing, that, because the builder at OC is putting in a diamond mine next turn. State Workforce is also in, start Foreign Trade. For the time being I take out Discipline (no barbarians) and put in Conscription. That’ll save me 3Icon_Gold a turn, 4Icon_Gold once I purchase a galley this turn, which is, oh, 100% of my current Icon_Gold income. Promote Pingala with Researcher for 3.4Icon_Science now and 1.1:science next turn. At the end of the turn (oooh...skipping ahead) I also move a citizen at Al from the wheat back to the truffles for more gold income.

Said builder moves to the diamonds and the prayers of the city folk of Al coalesce into a new galley. My southern galley has hit a bit of a dead end:

Russia’s borders and the ocean have conspired to prevent further eastwards movement. I’m going to go north around this island and see what else is out here. Hopefully there’s another city-state. Speaking of city-states, we had one literally right off our coast:

They want me to train an archer. Piece of cake...well...in a bit. mischief This is likely the city-state that I heard Woden find several turns back. It’s confirmed by the fact that both Woden and Ljubljana have envoys here. That explains their higher cultural yields. I finish my move west and will see if I can work my way southwest from here.

Out at Brussels I continue east for the time being:

It looks like the age will roll on Turn 61, which IIRC is a turn later than it typicall has in the past (PBEM 18 rolled early by a turn).

Woden’s got a settler out and racked up 6 era score last turn, netting him a golden age. Kasier got five era score and is up to 19.

I’ll have enough Icon_Faith to buy my first settler in 12 turns. I should have Shipbuilding in 13 turns. cool

Roland, I’ll have my attempt at the research analysis up in a bit (unless PBEM 18 comes in first).

End the turn and Woden’s met another city-state. Wonder if it’s Brussels?

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

OK, so my attempt at BB Code didn't work. If there's a mod reading this and you think you can fix it I'd be grateful.

I'm not sure how, exactly, but that table seems to have mangled the rest of the page.