As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

Yeah..something in my bbcode went horribly wrong. First time doing a table like that and thought I had it correct. I've PMd BrickAstley to see if he can delete the post for me since I can't get to the edit or delete buttons.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

TURN 51

See a bit more of Tsingy Not entirely happy that one of it's tiles is mountain but let's not get greedy. Cracking city up here especially with lumbermills or great wall.

[Image: Jq4IUlU.jpg]

City state wants a campus. So do I. So lock one in at Tav

[Image: yigXgwJ.jpg]

Ps you probably already know this but the reason we had an envoy when we met the city state is because we had previously discovered Mysticism.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Having an envoy from Mysticism never occurred to me. duh

Tonight I'll try to repost a non-table version of my earlier formatting nightmare on techs & civics.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

(February 3rd, 2021, 12:38)suboptimal Wrote: Having an envoy from Mysticism never occurred to me.  duh

Tonight I'll try to repost a non-table version of my earlier formatting nightmare on techs & civics.

Me neither. It was when i went looking for the civic that had an envoy so i could take the new one i realised. shows what tech shuffle does to you.

I am sure we gave a few people a chuckle. 

PS my culture is up to 15. pp in 16. not sure if i said that. Also not sure what is going on with my screenshots. Had to reinstall windows this morning.

Turn 51

Open the save to the “Ancient Era Ends in 10 Turns” banner and Al complaining about amenities because it just grew. That’s quickly fixed by a diamond mine at OC, which gets me the Wheel eureka and a second envoy at Rapa Nui but loses me 2Icon_Faith income from the loss of appeal. As much as I want to shift a citizen off the rice for a little more production I want to get Icon_Food in the bank for when I start settler purchases. The city stops the shrine build, puts down its Campus and gets to work on it – 8 turns to go. OC’s Campus will likewise complete in 8 turns.

I move into Vilnius’ territory, there’s citrus to the west of the city (second ring). The big island north of Russia has a barbarian camp on it – there’s a scout walking around. I find a barbarian camp on that island southeast of Brussels:

The new galley heads south for Chocolate Island’s east coast. Should see some new stuff with it in 2-3 turns.

I’m tempted to deviate to Archery once Wheel completes in two turns. It’ll take me 5 turns to complete and then I can upgrade my slinger, getting me the envoy in Vilnius, 2Icon_Culture and clearing it for a new quest in the Classical. While it delays Bronze Working and Shipbuilding a little bit the 6Icon_Science I’ll be getting from the Campus districts will shave some time off those techs and the additional Icon_Culture makes up for it.

Ljublana’s culture has spiked to 17 and his science is up to 13 and he’s got his fifth civic.

With so many barbarian camps around, perhaps it is better to build warriors instead of scouts for gold and era score?   Alternatively, levying the city states units will pay itself back by using their units to clear a camp and provide an extra era score for the levy.

Hmmm...that might be the case, especially since I could, in theory, slot Agoge and get warriors built faster than scouts. I can swap to Craftsmanship so that it finishes when the Campus districts do, then go back and finish Foreign Trade. That'd let me maximize Conscription and start warriors exactly when the build queues are free. 40/1.5 ~= 26.6Icon_Production yield so the capital can get one out roughly every two turns. Nice suggestion, Bruindane! thumbsup

TURN 52

Discover Tsingy, not as good as I might have hoped but that is perhaps fair. Another non standard tile as well. 2/2 plains hill.

[Image: LvGCIGH.jpg]

3 era score as well so Golden age guaranteed. Indeed I am going to overshoot it a fair bit. Next one should be easy. will get a point at least for settling in 2 turns.

[Image: ODYxXKK.jpg]

also think I get some in 2 turns for converting your city Sub to my religion.

[Image: 9MbqdNt.jpg]

first harbour is out there and Russia gets religion next turn.

[Image: Fo0KKqw.jpg]

(February 4th, 2021, 17:38)Bruindane Wrote: With so many barbarian camps around, perhaps it is better to build warriors instead of scouts for gold and era score?   Alternatively, levying the city states units will pay itself back by using their units to clear a camp and provide an extra era score for the levy.

This is indeed a great shout.

I like the city placement up by Tsingy - that city cannot be seen from the sea. The wonder's placement nerfs it a bit but it's still some free Icon_Science and Icon_Culture. The time to convert Diamonds dropped significantly from when I checked it. Dunno that you get era score from religious pressure conversion.