As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

I think i would if you were an enemy not just foreign perhaps. anyway doesn't matter.

Good city up there for sure. Good production Science etc. Not sure about TOA there.

I think my 4th city is down by the chocolate for the Jebel faith and good holy site. Not sure what to do about a wonder there though. Mauselueum maybe but the capital has 4 water tiles i want to be working. i can fit in hanging gardens but that involvs a chop. Will decide in a few turns.

jebel is going to be a priority for the faith.

What do you think for 4th city?
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

You have Jebel Barkal at the Gobi Desert city, not the chocolate city, at least based upon the last screenshot I could find of the area (m T39 report). I'll take another look at the area when I play my turn tonight. I think a better spot for the Mausoleum would be up by where you killed the barbarian camp. That city up there has 8 workable coast tiles. It would require shifting the Harbor and giving up adjacency on the Harbor and Campus. You'd leave the city where it is, swap the positions of the Colossus and Harbor and build the MaH on the open plains NW of the city center.

If Jebel Barkal is still at the Gobi Desert city my suggestion would be to get the Petra city settled before Chocolate River and prioritize Mathematics. Getting the Petra city going gets you a lot, particularly once you build the Great Wall along those tiles. They'd all be 2Icon_Food1Icon_Production4Icon_Gold with additional +2/+4Icon_Culture once you find Castles on the tech tree.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

I really meant for the +4 faith from jebel it will be in 3rd city.

i will look but think petra is a good shout.

some of those tiles will be 2Icon_Food1Icon_Production8Icon_Gold others 2Icon_Food2Icon_Production6Icon_Gold

Turn 52

Cities are all building away. Land units are all sitting still. All’s quiet on the home front. The only noise is the rustle of a builder headed towards the fish. I’ve decided to improve that for the Celestial Navigation boost.

I have a notification that there’s a “gradient” dust storm. Where is it?

That’s the 1-tile desert hill that’s completely surrounded by cliffs. It’s moving northwest. Given the still-anecdotal evidence that disasters will repeat it’s headed right for my city marker.

I’ve realized that my unit that was down by Russia is converging on Big Island with my newest galley coming from the north. That’ll speed up scouting in this region. I move two north and meet Nazca:

They want me to train a heavy chariot. That’s two city-states with that quest (Brussels is the other one). We’re not the first ones here, either – Woden has an envoy here. I spend my last MP moving east. I’ll go around the south side of this island.

At Vilnius I head straight west and find another island:

Settlervision is interesting (and slightly concerning):

There’s a foreign city around here somewhere. Note the loyalty west of my galley. Also note the loyalty on our own shores to the north!

My eastern galley runs into a bit of a snag – that barbarian camp is a naval camp (or there’s another one in the area).

I run away north.

My Campus districts have currently have seven turns; it’s six to complete Craftsmanship. However, with the new population coming in at OC next turn its Campus will be done one turn faster. I make the switch now. Diamonds will convert at the start of my next turn (now shows 1 turn to go). I’m also not going to lock in a district at OC yet. After I complete Shipbuilding I’m going to finish Celestial Navigation to get a Harbor down at OC.

The Harbor that was completed appears to be Ljubljana building a Cothon – he’s gained four era score and four empire score. CMF has his fourth city down and CMF has his prophet but no religion yet.

Hit end turn and Woden has completed a quest for a city-state.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

Puts pay to my 4 water tile theory.

Must be anything on a coast can be.

That loyalty is also very very interesting.

eeek

I'm going to assume that their plan was to have Ljubljana beeline for Celestial Navigation and Shipbuilding to get the Cothon settler train running.

My own plan with Monumentality is to settle an island, grow the city to two population and immediately buy a settler at that city and send it to the next stop. I don't know if I'd need to get out more than two settlers from the capital - one for the big island and one for Chocolate Island.

You think that's an island they are on?

I want to pick up some districts. Some archer and galleys. but i also need to get a pile of settlers out.

Some chopping is certainly happening.

A loyalty value of -20 on settlervision usually indicates that you are within four rings of a city with no other loyalty pressure in the area. It is 7 tiles from the -6 tile to the -20 tile by my galley. There is likely a city down by my galley. There's an outside chance that it's a capital, in which case my guess is going to be that it's Woden's given how fast he found us.

While not urgent, walls at your capital should be in your plans. I think my warrior run is going to be five to see where Mercenaries is on the civics tree and I'll let that define what we do in terms of...being friendly...mischief.

If the map setup is symettrical then I'd expect Archduke/Kaiser to be somewhere in the SE "corner" along the eastern edge of the map, relatively close to CMF/MPtF. If that's the case then I'd expect that AD/Kaiser are looking at Marcopolo as both an existential threat (Australia) and easy pickings (because of his slow start). I can't decide if MPtF's slow start is noobishness or intentional on the part of CMF/MPtF.

I will slot in walls absolutely. Will have limes in 7 turns.

When Russia picks up work ethic Australia will explode i suspect. Both of their issues is exploration and city states perhaps. If they were on land they would be properly dangerous.