As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

Good for a while i could do with the extra military slot. This new slower turn pace isn't my favorite thing.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Turn 64

Open the save expecting to have gotten the nerf hammer and:

Everything is still pulling in 2Icon_Faith despite this:

dubious.gif  I don’t know what to make of that right now.

Move the embarked units.  Roland, I think Antananarivo may be easier to protect than we first thought:

If that ice floe to the east goes all the way to the map edge (like it usually does) it’ll be really easy to blockade (in theory).  Put down an iron mine at Diamonds, wreck some nearby appeal.  What I didn’t realize is that a mine doesn’t affect the tile that it’s placed on – the mined iron is still Breathtaking though the surrounding tiles have all lost their Icon_Faith bonus.  Al’s slinger is complete, it fortifies and I start another.  OC’s warrior completed earlier than anticipated, start another warrior.  I send this one up to investigate the city-state to confirm if it’s iced in. I’ll be unslotting Agoge when Recorded History completes and after that warrior finishes I’ll build a trader and the library here. 

Southern galley heads...south.  Two attacks on Brussels.  Garrison is at 7 damage.  I’ll be able to take the city next turn.  If the AI continues attacking the western one with a slinger I’ll use the eastern one to take the city and promote the western one.

Last turn I said I was going to buy a settler at Al if I didn’t take Brussels this turn.  Well, between knowing that I’ll be taking Brussels next turn and the current weirdness with Icon_Faith right now I think I’m going to hold off on that and buy the first one at Brussels next turn. 

In the scores Archduke gained 9 era score last turn.  yikes

Roland, I checked the continental layout.  Big Island is NOT on our home continent – its on Kazahkstania.  Chocolate and Starfish Islands are on our home continent (which, confusingly, is Australia).  The island that is furthest east from Brussels that I’ve explored is on the same continent as Russia to the far south (Atlantis).  Norway/Phoenicia is on Kernorland.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

That's a lot of good news in one post.

Perhaps once a pantheon is selected it stays the same.

I mean what happened when they removed goddess of the harvest? did people just lose their pantheon?

whatever it is it's a bonus.

Let's hope i can really leverage Antananarivo and it is easy to protect.

Archduke and that heroic age i tells yah.

but we will get all sorts done with monumentality while he builds settlers and workers in the meantime.

Sub at my capital i am going to lift either the wheat or the swamp to put down a commercial hub.

any thoughts on which is better

That's a tough decision - the swamp provides more Icon_Production, the wheat has a farm and if you demolish that before getting the Feudalism boost you'll need an extra one somewhere else. However, longer term the marsh may be a better option. If you chop the woods SE of the wheat you've got a farm triangle available.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

Yeah i think it's the swamp unfortunately.

The farm with possible triangle and watermill in place is too strong.

I kind of need the woods though for production i would say.

How do you feel about lending me 80 or so gold to buy the oracle tile? It gets me a chop short term and will need bought anyway. I have the 20% discount card in place right now so makes sense to buy now.

i can pay it back in 5 turns

TURN 65

It's a cracker.

Finish the pyramids and farm one of the flood plains with the new builder. 3 other builders picked up a charge and 3 in production will give me 28 charges over the next few turns to play with.

all citizens will be working improved tiles very soon and i will get 6 or 7 chops done to leap forwards hopefully.
Also use the missionary to convert Goldson same turn to get + 2 Icon_Science Icon_Gold Icon_Faith Icon_Culture i am now top for culture as i very much hope to be going forwards. Still not got a monument anywhere but will pick them up when they become super cheap.

[Image: yLB43Zi.jpg]

[Image: 8rDddoz.jpg]

Found city 4 Borna Borna Borna Barasic. to the tune of karma chameleon if you are interested.

[Image: EltQ0KR.jpg]

Starts on walls with limes in place. Worker is there to farm the wheat and i buy a trader here with all my faith. Good micro I would say.

Along with the new farm at Goldson i now have 4/6 needed and own the tiles for the other 2. Will know where feudalism is 2 or 3 turns.

Switch policies for next 2 turns. Buying 2 or 3 tiles so need the 20% discount.

i think lubjana must have taken free inquiry and have 2 decent cothons to have that much science.

That will be why they waited for Eurekas extra 10% science.

Good turn overall. thumbsup

Yeah, you make a good point. Neither of them have any Icon_Faith income and both got golden ages. Hafta keep an eye on (W)odin to see if a Harbor springs up.

Regarding trade routes I'm considering grabbing Reyna with the promotion from Recorded History and putting her in Diamonds. She'd generate 3Icon_Gold for each trader you sent to or through that city. Since I'm planning on building Audience Chamber instead of Ancestral Hall I think I'll use the Defensive Tactics promotion for Pingala's Researcher promotion and then use the Government Plaza promotions on two additional governors (two from Amani, Liang and Victor).

ps my policy slots never changed even though i finished a civic.