As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

Have you sent each other delegations yet?   Hoping it will help show more info for team-mate cities in the screenshots.

Also, could you post who has met who based on the diplomacy screen?  City-states delegates are a bonus.

No, we haven't sent delegates, and that's likely a good idea.

I'll go through the diplo on my turn to see who's met who and where city-state delegates are.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Yeah good to hear from you Bruindane with another good shout.

Sub send me a delegation and i will do the same.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Sub could you have a look at my pins on your turn if possible.

I can place the Aqueducts next turn and should probably do so. Though no intention of building them right now.

And....I forgot to send a delegate to you this turn. duh

Turn 68

Open the save to someone killing a city state. Check the scores, yeah, it was Archduke. lol

Obvious Child has finished the warrior and starts the Harbor. Warrior already present heads southeast towards Al. Embarked units do their thing, slinger will disembark at Big Island next turn. Builder at Good Time will put in the fur camp next turn. Southern galley finds nothing interesting.

Back on Big Island the warrior moves to the horses and the settler comes ashore:

This is an interesting decision. I originally wanted to settle on the cove in order to use this city as the trade hub to the mainland without having to build a Harbor. However, in looking at this situation there seem to be two better options – NE of the warrior or on the warrior. Both spots are sheltered from sea attacks (on the warrior can only be attacked from one sea tile, NE has no line of sight from the sea). #2 has slightly better resources (wheat becomes available and all resources are second ring) and at least two good spots for Holy Site + Campus. Settling on the horses makes the city a 2Icon_Food2Icon_Production tile from the get-go. I could start a Holy Site immediately and not worry about builder charges for the time being. I’m currently leaning towards on the warrior just because of the resource availability and good appeal in the area.

I’ll see what’s in the fog to the NE/E of the wine next turn once the settler moves into the mountain pass. The warrior is going to cross to the other horses and then head southeast. For reference, here’s the appeal in the area:

OK...time for the diplomatic rundown:

Woden/Ljubljana: Met everyone, at war with CMF/ Marcopolo
CMF/Marcopolo: Marcopolo has met everyone, CMF has not met one of Kaiser/Archduke huh

This layout sort of confirms that Kaiser/Archduke are in the opposite corner from us and/or just in the fog to the east of the map. For the city-states:

Antananarivo: Roland has two envoys
Hong Kong: CMF has one envoy
Rapa Nui: I’ve got two envoys, Roland has one
Nazca: Woden has one, one of Archduke/Kaiser has two, the other has one.

The city-state interface doesn’t tell you who has met the city-state; it only shows the civs you’ve met and is a bit useless in that regard.

Given what’s up at Nazca I’d assume that Kaiser or Archduke has a boat in the water in my immediate area (though possibly south of Nazca). Given how Nazca blocks the passage I’ll likely encounter one of them running along the southern coast of Big Island.

Kaiser founded his religion this turn.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

I took a look at your pins. I think the canal at Crater Lake will work, despite how the lake is graphically drawn, for two reasons. First, I know from having messed around with mapping that all lake wonders set the underlying terrain type to Coast/Lake (if you open worldbuilder, place a lake wonder and remove it the lake stays behind). That makes the Crater Lake tile contiguous with Lake Chao. Second "Lake Chao" is centered over the lake as if it were a three tile lake. That should be fine.

I like the placements at Barasic/Goldson for that IZ. The IZ NE of Barasic would be a +3 under the current pinout - is that location for the city on the east shore of Lake Chao? That spot would be a +4 Campus and depending on how your Icon_Science turns out it might be the better build there.

I like the configuration up at #7. 5 & 8 also look good to me.

TURN 69

snigger

Busy one.

Open up the turn to find out anther city state has gone and Woden is attacking Rapa Nui. He is starting to piss me off.

[Image: VAppOqE.jpg]

I lay down two Aqueducts at 96 production each.

[Image: ZOfdS8Q.jpg]

and a campus at my the capital.

[Image: WHgJkVL.jpg]

discover mass production and complete construction.

[Image: 3KHja3f.jpg]

Up in the west i hit the scout and almost kill it. Time to get moving up there.

[Image: 9BSe7q6.jpg]

i think i can get mahabod in 12 turns or so. Temple done in 5 Goldson is building a worker just now and i can buy one in 6 turns with faith.

Also sent the delegation across.

The danger in taking city-states that far apart is that he'll get too spread out if he tries to defend them all. Curious to see if he takes that one and then gives it to Phoenicia. OTOH if he's spread out it might make it easier to liberate a few of his holdings once jongs arrive on the scene.

I'll be starting to build walls at Have a Good Time as a defensive measure and Limes will likely go in at PP.

It may be Phonecia taking it in fairness.

We should perhaps have a rule about not being allowed to rename city states.

There are 2 out there that have been taken so far that we will never know where they are in theory.

And some civs will be same on Brussels etc.

City-state renaming has been commented on before, but that's part of the "game", I suppose. I've usually renamed them. On this map it should be relatively straightforward to know what's a city-state - they're all on islands with no fresh water access.