As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

(March 7th, 2021, 12:23)roland of gilead Wrote: Got my covid vaccine yesterday and was a but delirious while playing.

I've done a few turns like that after a good bit of a bottle of wine. mischief I'm not eligible for the vaccine for a couple more weeks yet.

I also figured your delirium would have been because of the Rangers winning the Scottish Premiership (congrats).

I do need a reminder - when will you be building some additional military? You'll want to have a couple more warriors on the map before you finish Iron Working, at a minimum.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

(March 7th, 2021, 13:05)suboptimal Wrote:
(March 7th, 2021, 12:23)roland of gilead Wrote: Got my covid vaccine yesterday and was a but delirious while playing.

I've done a few turns like that after a good bit of a bottle of wine.  mischief  I'm not eligible for the vaccine for a couple more weeks yet.

I also figured your delirium would have been because of the Rangers winning the Scottish Premiership (congrats).

I do need a reminder - when will you be building some additional military?  You'll want to have a couple more warriors on the map before you finish Iron Working, at a minimum.

Yeah not enjoying that as much as i should be really knocked me for 6. 

Building a spear just now. Archers coming next. 

Then boats and warriors. 

think you are right will go for the warriors first.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

OK...your low milpower and garrison combat strengths are starting to make me a little nervous.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

i know. I will get them up over the next few turns.

no point you having Jongs and me not being able to protect myself.

Turn 71

The expectation is that Hong Kong and Rapa Nui are both in opposition hands and that turns out to be the case. That has the direct consquence of taking Al down by 2.3Icon_Culture per turn. Fortunately the monument there completes next turn and will make up for it. Roland, the game happens to open in settler view for me and I see that the island of East Vilnius is well within Woden’s control. Something to keep in mind is that Chocolate Island (and Starfish) could come under his loyalty influence if he settles East Vilnius.

Archery completed, start Mathematics. That and Political Philosophy will be done in four turns. On shore at home the slinger and warrior swap places. Units embarked and on Big Island do their thing and I swat the barbarian slinger for 41 damage. It’ll counterattack and then I should be able to redline it and/or kill it off. The warrior by the settlement site finds another resource:

I think it will be possible to fit two cities along that river to the south – one just east of the barbarian’s current position and one just west or southwest of the mountain. Both of those spots puts the coastal hill sheep into the third ring but with what else is around here I think that’ll be OK. Next settler buy in two turns. I’ve determined that crossing the channel and walking the settler to this area of the map will be faster than sailing. I’ll then use settler buys on Big Island to continue filling it up. First city here settles next turn.

In the south I creep up on the Phonecian borders and determine that they belong to Geneva. I stay out of sight and will pass those borders and turn west next turn. Up north I decide to send the scout galley east towards previously defogged land and then I’ll turn towards Japan for the meeting.

Marcopolo’s science jumped by 6 this turn. He just finished a civic so I have to wonder if that was Recorded History.

TURN 72

The covid fog has cleared and this was good turn. As has some of the game fog thanks to Sub.

The mad Russians and Aussies have made peace.

[Image: rHRwOn1.jpg]

not sure i like that.

big island keeps getting better

[Image: aHxuHlX.jpg]

Finish a spear at Tav and start on a warrior. Capital can 1 turn warriors as well so i will have 2 in 2 turns to fortify in port cities. Spear goes of to northwest to get that Eureka.

[Image: 1PPVb6m.jpg]

Finish apadana at capital Which allows me to Suze Antananarivo and put and envoy in Nazca.

[Image: AVMhymo.jpg]

looks pretty safe from attack I hope a few more are out there the same.

Buttresses Eureka is in hope something important is behind it as not many getting that eureka.

[Image: Iso451N.jpg]

2 of my cities are currently ecstatic and 2 happy which isn't half boosting my growth and output.

That last turn my numbers jumped by

Icon_Science 4
Icon_Culture 4
Icon_Faith 5
Icon_Gold 4

temple in next turn will be a nice boost.

Sub i think in 9 - 10 turns i can get the Mahabodi. hopefully before any more beliefs are evangelised. Fairly soon we need to work out what 2 further beliefs we want.

Wats right? what else.

Good to know that the Achelous River is in the queue for flooding...that might change my city placement slightly.

Antananarivo isn't getting taken by anyone any time soon.

For the religion I think Wats for science with Gurdwaras (3Icon_Faith2Icon_Food 1 housing) or Stupas (3Icon_Faith 1 amenity) reasonably runners up. For Enhancer beliefs it's a bit more open. I usually opt for Holy Order (30% discount on missionaries and apostles) when DotF is off the table. Maybe Itinerant Preachers? Remember, I get no benefit from the Enhancer belief.

One other thing - when you get around to the Encampment(s) and start putting up buildings you/we might want to consider a stables over a barracks. Siege weapons do full damage against ships and could, in theory, be used as shore batteries for coastal defense. If we want to go that route then stables give a +25% XP bonus to siege units (it's a hidden bonus). Just something to think about.

Is dotf gone?

I know crusade is. I thought about that one

I Don't imagine i will be buying a lot of missionaries. It's a bit of a useless section the enhancer one unless you are planning a religious victory.

It does look like Dotf then Holy order though.