As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

i will go get the aquaduct. 8 or 9 turns and it will be in.

Let's not hard tech when we don't have to.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

TURN 84

Lubijana took an age over his turn and there was a pile of messages on their thread.

Up in the NW i scud the warrior and advance on a slinger

[Image: 15oW37h.jpg]

I found Glen Kamara need 7 second ring tiles at this city lol. Buy the wheat as a start will buy petra tile when time comes. petra will give me anther 2 and i will get some naturally.

[Image: 1qjGiWq.jpg]

worker is moving to the wheat and will farm it next turn.

Pick up 6 era score this turn. I really am going to overshoot this a lot.

[Image: CuvbErK.jpg]

Hatussa is surprisingly healthy i think.

[Image: C78lQEK.jpg]

Goldson get's 4th charge into Jebel and Aquaduct should be done in 8 - 9 turns. 2 turns settler then may need a turn on Jebel.

[Image: v4DcZGH.jpg]

South fully defoged. may move over to east vilnius island to get a look.

[Image: xUtLO3n.jpg]

Remember while you are Suze of Valletta you can't build walls just buy with faith.

Interesting. Woden's milpower is up by 31, Ljubljana's is up by 55. Archduke/Kaiser have not had theirs change but those won't recalculate until the start of their turns. My own milpower is the same as it was at the start of my turn despite the new quadrireme.

Your free tiles from Petra will most likely not be desert - one will be Crater Lake and the other will be either the deer or the wheat. Still going to have to buy those tiles. I'd say that you buy Petra for sure, plus 1-2 GW tiles if Icon_Gold permits. That'll get the city some extra Icon_Culture and start the expansion process. The city would claim the remaining bonus resource tile and then the tile marked for the Colosseum (unless Tav get that one first). From there it'll likely grab the available lake tile (again, Tav) and then deserts.

I saw that Hattusa didn't seem to be attacked last turn. Wonder if some Phoenician/Viking units showed up to spoil the party? Archduke/Kaiser had three galleys in position around that city-state previously. The good news is if the war is that hot then Norway may be easy pickings. If that is the case then I'd expect that everyone is prioritizing naval units (because why not?) and I've got the largest land military.

I'll send my galley down to East Vilnius to scout - it'll be quicker than your warrior. I'll then backtrack so that we don't have units visible near Vilnius. It does look like that will be a narrow strait to go through to Wodin. However, there's plenty of room for me to get four jongs in position to declare, move and bombard the city with three of them on the opening turn.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

the Colosseum tile will be picked up by Tav in 2 turns. I want crater lake for Borna to work in 3 turns. I need the deer to put a camp on for TOA.

Once petra is in the tile picker should pick up some desert tiles hopefully.

I bought the wheat as petra city needs pop asap to work those ridiculous tiles once petra is in.

Maybe, maybe not. IIRC, though, the tile picker chooses based on current yields, not what they'd be once the tile is acquired.

The wheat buy is a good idea.

The turn's already around to Kaiser. There's an outside chance I get a second turn today.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

Turn 84

Got a second turn in today. Nice.

Joseph’s face was black as night
The pale yellow moon shown in his eyes
His path was marked
By the stars in the Southern Hemisphere
And he walked his days

Yeah, so I’m leaning a bit heavily on the Graceland album right now. That’ll change. twirl The city works one of the cows for Icon_Food. The city will grow in six turns (because of the amenity lag) and purchase a settler. Warrior across the way has already come in to recuperate in town. Monument first because I’ve got time. After taking the screenshot I also move the wounded slinger into my territory to heal up faster. The city is going to go for the salt first. As much as I want to build the Government Plaza first I don’t want to have to buy the tile yet – gold is for upgrades right now. I lock the Campus, erasing the jungle to the west of the city center. The Government Plaza will go down at 4 population.

I’ve got a great person waiting for me. That’ll be Euclid. That gets me an era score and the boost for Education. Kaiser got the better side of the 50/50 toss as Hypatia is up next. However, Russia has enough Icon_Faith and points to purchase Hypatia out from under him next turn. That’d be a bit of a hoot. Euclid shows up in Al, I send him to the Campus and activate him. That gets me the eureka for Buttress.

The tech tree:

As can be seen above, Archduke has finished Horseback Riding. The other notification this turn was that Hattusa has fallen. It’s in English hands. Archduke’s been busy.

Back on Big Island the settler moves into the forest. Move again next turn, settle the turn after. Swordsman moves into position on the northern horse and heal-fortifies. Any settler coming this way from the west will get ambushed and captured. Roland, be aware that you won’t have any prior notice if I do wind up poaching a settler here. Confucius finds the camp’s scout on the coast:

As long as it stays there it’ll keep any settlers from the south at bay (or do the capture for me).

Warrior moving west from Midway finds a russian galley. I don’t think that’s the same one as before – this one likely came up through Shikishima. I check Antananarivo for Russian envoys and instead find a Viking envoy in there. Keep that in mind, Roland.

Galley gets to the northern tip of East Vilnius, finds nothing. I’ll go two tiles south (to the coast NW of the horse) then turn around to continue west. Out east the Red/White quads appear to have sailed east. I follow them and wind up between the two of them again. Down south I’m not finding much that’s interesting.

Archduke and Kaiser both increased their military power and Archduke also settled a city. The gossip column indicates that Woden declared on Mitla and then Mitla declared on Woden. Sounds like there might be an envoy fight going on over there.

Roland, in terms of cash I’ll have about 600Icon_Gold on Turn 94. If that pans out I’d need 220Icon_Gold or so for upgrades (four jong, two swords). The monument completing at Graceland the turn after next will take a turn off of Mercenaries but I’m going to stay on the original timeline.

Turn 85

You are right it won't prioritise those desert tiles as they will be poor until they are in the city borders.

I will buy Petra one and crater lake soon and then save to have your Gold Sub.

I will get a second chocolate on line and the truffles back improved really soon which will help. I will need you to tech Education Sub but no rush for that at all.

I was hoping for a second cith in the NW but the land looks poor so far.

Vilnius and Rapa nui have walls. No big issue for us.

[Image: DRXeniY.jpg]

not much else happens. Farm the wheat at Kamara, Cap repairs temple and starts Archer. Can buy the worker next turn for Mahabodi/Petra and we will still have our pick of Beliefs.

2 turns to 6 slot government need to switch off castles next turn.

Up in the noth west the barbs get brave but not brave enough to attack. I maneuver into position and next turn probably get the spear kill on the slinger as a minimum.

[Image: ccTwLzy.jpg]

I have 1 archer right now and 1 finishing in each of the next 2 turns for that eureka as well.

I can take care of Education...what are the chances of getting Stirrups out of the way?

Yeah i can do that. When do you need it for?

I should pick up the Eureka for it really soon.