As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

Nice turn! I have to wonder if the war dec is related to the first one. I'm surprised that Phoenicia/Norway is willing to fight a two front war. That leads me to believe that most of their combined milpower is naval for the time being. However, they've likely found Military Tactics which would unlock berserkers. Something to keep an eye out for. We should start checking his iron totals (resource report is the quickest) every turn, both to see how much he's gaining and when it drops from an iron expense. The main issues with them are the CS (50 on offense, 35 on defense) and the fact they can cross ocean tiles.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Hadn't considered Berserkers. One constraint is they have to be hard built I think. 160 is a hell of a lot even with a policy card.

If that is right they won't be building too many of those not and getting enough boats out.

i want to have a look at the next era eurekas and inspirations. We have done well this era time to get organised as next era is a lot harder
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Yeah, the hard building definitely slows things down a little but if you figure the effective yield cost is about 107 Woden could build one about every 8 turns in any city with 12Icon_Production, which isn't unreasonable.  However, I think they'd get chewed up if we intercepted them with a couple of galleys.

Yeah, we should start looking at the boosts -- I took a look at the civics boosts during my turn last night and was all noidea

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

I will get boats out. Walls up and with 1 crouching tiger my walls shoot at 50.

I can also now build the Grand masters chapel though it will be 20 turns till i have it.

That is partly why I am so keen to get my faith up.

I think i will Take defender of the Faith.

Would i get defender of the faith in your cities? it says friendly. But i assume you re allied and my cities are friendly.

You would get the DotF bonus in any city with your religion, whether or not it's friendly (but only on defense).

I'm looking to get walls up in the next age, likely once I get the shipbuilding done and can slot Limes.

i will slot limes in 7 turns.

Alongside Monarchy i should smash them out. Plus there is always Valletta.

When do you think you will be finished with Valletta.

Eurekas for next era

Cartography 600 Build 2 Harbors - i will actually do this in reasonable time.
Mass Production 600 Build a Lumber Mill - done.
Banking 600 Complete the Guilds civic - need to find it but i should get this.
Gunpowder 600 Build an Armory - i may get this
Printing 600 Build 2 Universities - maybe for me but a good bit in the future
Square Rigging 730 Kill a unit with a Musketman - depends how things line up.
Astronomy 730 Build a University next to a Mountain - i can do this in cap
Metal Casting 730 Own 2 Crossbowman - easy
Siege Tactics 730 Own 2 Bombards - might want to build 2 catapults.

inspirations.

Exploration 440 Build 2 Caravels - we can upgrade 2 galleys
Humanism 600 Earn a Great Artist - probably not.
Diplomatic Service 600 Have an alliance with another civilization - can we get one with each other
Reformed Church 440 Have 6 cities following your religion - will have this soon
Mercantilism 720 Earn a Great Merchant - maybe for me
The Enlightenment 720 Earn 3 Great People - maybe for me.

i had a lovely plan to get 2 commercial hubs before that hurricane wiped me out. going to have long lasting affects that.

For the eurekas I might get Cartography - depends on when Have a Good Time finishes its Harbor vs. when you finish two. Printing and Astronomy are also within my reach as both my Campus districts are next to mountains. Of course, I need to get libraries done first. On the inspiration side Exploration will be iffy - it depends on where Cartography is hiding because you need that for caravels. For us we want Cartography to be as deep in the tech tree as possible as caravels become a threat to jongs. Reformed Church - get a missionary over to Big Island quickly and that's done.