As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

Yeah that would be good.

Also confirmed that the northern sea is isolated.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Interesting. That gives us an advantage in that we likely have a completely captive city-state that will only be discovered by others if they send a land unit across or we suzerain while at war. The only other due that could have such a city-state is CMF/MPTF unless there's a completely inland-buried city-state on the other two start positions (those could be Mohenjo-Daro and Mitla).
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Good one to get too. I quite fancy getting City's really up and running with faith. being able to turn faith into production is good.

Going to really work on my faith economy over the coming turns as best as possible.

Turn 88

Start the turn and accept China’s chocolates. Move some units around on the mainland. I forgot to lock down Diamonds’ Cmapus and do so now. The returning warrior spots the Russian galley at the NE corner of Starfish Island. Big Island is quiet, builder moves east and there will be the settler buy at Under African Skies next turn. Graceland did grab the hill wines. I’ve confirmed that salt and bananas are next at Skies and Fifty. Graceland will get the iron in eight turns. Confucius reaches Australian shores:

I’m going to disembark onto the stone next turn and go for a walkabout.

Over in Phoenician waters:

Galley moves north and finds three English ships to the north of that small island. Linear B is fully revealed but I forgot to screenshot it. If this galley has a clear path to Chinese waters I’ll use this one for and melee action that’s required. A bit to the east I move my galley into the strait for a look, find nothing. Going to back off next turn. In the far south I find some land with loyalty influence.

This is either Australian mainland or a captured city-state. I can get Confucius into view when zoomed out so I’ll go with the former.

Check gossip, see nothing new. Part of me is surprised that Woden and Ljubljana have made no overtures to us to prevent a dogpile. Makes me wonder if they’ve gone all-or-nothing to their west. contemplate

Next turn Diamonds’ chariot completes. I’m going to start a horseman there next. It’ll take ten turns to complete – if I need the era point for a golden age I’ll finish it on Turn 99, otherwise I’ll stop it one turn short and hold it in the queue for the next age.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

TURN 89

Quite Quiet

Kamara picks up Rangers religion and we get the boost for reformed church.

[Image: CHN4wjW.jpg]

In the NW i do some advancing and Healing. Still no camp to be seen.

[Image: JKHKw2U.jpg]

buy a missionary it will put a charge into Goldson. Where do you want him to go after that SUB?

[Image: YrF6TkM.jpg]

Petra half done.

[Image: FfBWSL8.jpg]

Capital is doing it's University. Tav a harbour.

How many turns to Jongs SUB?

For Jongs the plan is for upgrades to Jongs on T96 and T97. I complete quad builds on T91 and T95, complete Mercenaries to open T96 and upgrade two quads and two warriors T96, two more quads on T97 and the whole fleet sails for Wodin on T98. I looked at completing Mercenaries on time and faith buying quads #5 and #6 but we wouldn't have the Icon_Gold for upgrades until T96 anyway, so why rush? This idea also doesn't let me buy the settler at Skies next turn, which I view as somewhat important in the grand scheme of things.

For the missionary it should go to Fifty Ways - that's the one building the Holy Site and the city I'll use to convert Big Island.

For the attack plan I'm going to have the quads shadow the rest of the fleet with the intent of finding enough pillaging to upgrade the other two. I should have two galleys in the area, so two jongs and a galley can go after Vilnius and Rapa Nui while the main fleet works the coast. For the combat bonus I'd like to keep ground units with the fleet as long as possible for the combat bonus. I might send a slinger along with the backups as a "spare". However, if Woden & Ljubljana have inland settlements I'd land the chariots, upgrade to knights and then go after those as well.

OK good stuff.

I Will have gold by then. I forgot about gold from that barb camp. Unless someone else took it out plus my 25 per turn and current.

I quite like where theocracy is as I will eventually want to be in that for the discount on faith buys. Could have been better but at least it is behind boosted Civics.

Try and kill something with a quad while you are attacking lol.

I have also decided to finish Petra before Mahabodi. It get's that city going and it also works better with our religion. will immediately give me +2 on gold, science, culture and faith.

Writing on the Wall doesn't appear to be a capital, though perhaps a former city state.

What does putting another missionary charge into Goldson do?   Roland, I was thinking that you may wish to bring a missionary to W(oden) and convert it if you still have a chance at Defender of the Faith soon.

(March 27th, 2021, 11:20)Bruindane Wrote: Writing on the Wall doesn't appear to be a capital, though perhaps a former city state.

What does putting another missionary charge into Goldson do?   Roland, I was thinking that you may wish to bring a missionary to W(oden) and convert it if you still have a chance at Defender of the Faith soon.

Goldson hasn't converted though may well do so soon. 

I think sub is keeping woden now. 

Will it help our loyalty to convert it? or is that civ 4 thinking.

writing on the wall does look like city state