As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

(April 10th, 2021, 10:26)suboptimal Wrote: Since the age rolls I'll be taking suzerainty of it this turn.  Don't worry about the duplication of effort in Stirrups, that's going to happen. 

The World Congress will meet when the save makes its way around next.  When your turn comes around coule you post the resolutions for discussion before we vote so that we can coordinate?  I expect that the others will do the same.

yeah will do. maybe we can ban harbors.

to this end when do you think you will play your turn today?
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Just finished it now.

Turn 101

I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones
Enough to make my systems blow
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Welcome to the new age, to the new age

(Yeah, not in the main theme of the tunes but still musical).

I’ve completed Stirrups and received the boost to Military Tactics. I start Education. Yerevan wants to me to build an Entertainment Complex. I have an available policy change but there isn’t anything I want to do yet. I’ll wait until I have more policy slots with Monarchy next turn. I’ll be going to Feudalism next, less for the builder charges (which I’ll want eventually) but more for the fact that its completion dovetails nicely with the completion of walls everywhere except Hearts and Bones. I might still slot serfdom as 5 builder charges on Big Island will go quickly.

There are war declarations from Antanaarivo from when Roland re-suzerained them. Speaking of suzerainty I drop two envoys into Valetta, suzeraining it and earning my first two era score of the new age. In the empire mamagement department, Under African Skies has grown and the new citizen is working the jungle. Its walls will complete in five turns. Proof locks a Campus. Graceland will resume its Campus build next turn and then go straight into the library.

I don’t see anything unexpected anywhere, which is good. Usually when I just get going in a war I am shown something completely unexpected. I’m...suspicious. mischief Sure enough, though, there’s a governor in Vladimir. I’ll take care of that shortly. Russian city defenses remain at 26, Australia at 20 though Rodeo looks like it’s got a galley in it as it has a defense strength of 30.

The galley at Md needs its full movement to defog a trade route path to the city from Good Time. Confucius moves next to Low-end Theory and finds the settler heading west. The archer also appears to be in Fantasyland. Up at Hearts and Bones the lead jongs makes its way southeast and I find the embarked Russian swordsman making a run for it near Rodeo:

I should be able to move to its position and shoot at it from there next turn. The third and fourth jongs in line also head southeast while #2 shoots at Vladimir. It did 41 damage but the little notification banner says I actually did 156 damage. yikes One swordsman moves adjacent to the city, the other starts to head back towards the central cities. I’ll be able to take the city with just the sword next turn. Quads follow the main fleet and the galley stays put in Hearts and Bones for a turn to heal up.

Roland, my plan down here is to send two jongs to the city south of Rodeo and two up and around to where the capital is. After I took that shot I moved the pin one to the east since the horses are currently controlled by Rodeo while the coastal tiles and the mine are controlled by Illmatic. The two fleets should be able to capture all three cities relatively quickly and that should give me enough loyalty to hold the cities. From there I’ll go around to the east. I may drop off land forces at the capital to go attack the city to the south while the ships take the long way around and deal with the other two cities. If I do send land units that’s when I’d be doing the knight upgrades.

Australia’s milpower has jumped to 315 from 195.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

how much gold we talking? I will be saving anyway as while i still need to buy about 10 tiles i am not doing so without the discount card in place and that's 7 turns away.

Woden is always quick hopefully Lubijana is as well which will let me either play or at least post the resolutions tonight.

Chariots are 160 to upgrade with Professional Army. I'll have enough gold in 5 turns to do an upgrade myself. Don't worry about it as I should be able to get some pillaging for the second.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

(April 10th, 2021, 13:01)suboptimal Wrote: Chariots are 160 to upgrade with Professional Army.  I'll have enough gold in 5 turns to do an upgrade myself.  Don't worry about it as I should be able to get some pillaging for the second.

i will have gold. you can always send it back. Do you need to upgrade Quads as well?

Turn is back to me. Will play in 15 mins. or load and see what the congress looks like.

here we go what do we think.

[Image: cbfoagv.jpg]

vote down admirals and mercury?

Hmmm....we could either vote down admirals or vote up scientists. Admirals would nerf England & Phoenicia if it went through but I suspect they might vote for that. Doubling scientists is another option. It would momentarily help Russia/Australia while we caught up.

Voting down mercury only messes with Phoenicia/Norway and won't impact either of them too much as Phoenicia has a crapton of luxuries. Gypsum or sugar would be of better use to us since that would limit Russia/Australia a bit and they don't have many resources connected (Russia has 1 silver, 1 amber, 1 gypsum, 2 sugar and 1 turtles; Australia has 1 gypsum 1 turtles, 2 sugar).

Phoenicia only has their free votes and Woden can buy, at most, 1 vote on one issue and two on the other.

My thinking here is to vote down admirals and gypsum or sugar. I can buy one additional vote in each topic and you could buy up to four votes, split either 2 and 2 or 3 and 1. Do we use the diplo favor now or later?

i can get 4 and 2 .

throw 4 at voting down admirals? and 1 into sugar?

in 4 turns i will jump to 6 scientist points per turn .

or stay out of it in the hope we can do something more important later?