As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

I don't think i voted down anything but if i did it was sugar.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

No need for a full turn report like I do in my other threads since we already know what the resolutions are and the only person moving after me is Woden and, well, his moves aren't of much consequence right now.

I've cast two votes against admirals and two against sugar. Let's see what happens. The save should get back to you relatively quickly today.

I did duck out to check available policies. With Divine Right completing and my going into Monarchy I'm going to slot Raid and Charismatic Leader. I'll use Military Tradition or Feudalism to get Professional Army back in for upgrades once we have the Icon_Gold and I see a need for them.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Turn 102

World congress is in. Double admiral points and extra luxuries from turtles. not sure we could have stopped admiral points. i had max 4 votes. We have turtles soon enough i will have 3 copies fairly soon.

[Image: aAMQOds.jpg]

Up in the NW the spear clears the camp and earns 50 gold and a promotion.

[Image: 4AAYYDS.jpg]

I harvest here for walls and then into the Harbour.

might need to buy at least 3 tiles here though mausoleum will get 2 and i may be able to faith buy a monument.

[Image: ByZ5S9o.jpg]

At tav the lighthouse finishes and i buy a trader for 145 faith will send it from Kamara to cuniform for 22 gold per turn. I also harvest the swamp and put down a +3 holy site. This also needs 1 or 2 bought 3rd ring tiles. Desperately needs production. from the truffles and one of those woods perhaps. The truffles would at least pay for it's self eventually. Another place to buy a Monument perhaps.

[Image: udHdma1.jpg]

Capital puts 3rd charge into oracle and continues with CH.

[Image: pX6DizB.jpg]

Goldson starts on CH.

[Image: y5Riu8Q.jpg]

Gold should keep rising over the next 5-10 turns really well.

Looks like you hit shift-enter and didn't cast votes - you put in 1 vote for the first option and target. That'll raise some eyebrows as to what we were thinking, which is fine by me. Double luxes from turtles helps you a bit, doesn't it? I don't think I've got turtles near my cities but I've got a wide spread of different luxuries thanks to Big Island.

The turn is around to Kaiser so I should see it later today.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

(April 11th, 2021, 13:58)suboptimal Wrote: Looks like you hit shift-enter and didn't cast votes - you put in 1 vote for the first option and target.  That'll raise some eyebrows as to what we were thinking, which is fine by me.  Double luxes from turtles helps you a bit, doesn't it?  I don't think I've got turtles near my cities but I've got a wide spread of different luxuries thanks to Big Island.

The turn is around to Kaiser so I should see it later today.

yeah it seems to have voted for me with weird choices lol. No generals. 

if i had put in my 4 it would have been random choice as it was a draw is tat right?

I should have a turn for the morning which is good i like to have one to do before work.

I think if there are ties at the resolution level then neither resolution passes (IIRC). If the resolution passes but there's a tie at the target level then there's no target and the resolution has no effect. There was a game (PBEM 15, I think) in which I guessed right and force a tie on the target.

Turn 102

So we’re getting double admiral points and turtles count for double luxuries. Woo-hoo! (Meh) The admirals could become a problem later on. Roland didn’t provide a shot of the luxury vote results:

It’s all over the place.

Divine Right is done, time for some changes. Change government to monarchy and make the changes described in a recent post. Take a look around, Md is now “Doing the Honours”. A trade route there from Have a Good Time is 12Icon_Gold. There’s an Aussie galley out near Theory as Confucius is in Under African Skies. He relocates to Hearts and Bones and will embark from there. Rodeo’s galley has also left the city as the city’s defense is back down to 20. Move the exploration galley near Phoenicia and get to work at war.

On Big Island I use the swordsman to take Vladimir. The city is renamed Mother and Child Reunion. I start walls in the city. I’d rearrange tiles but I think I need to wait until the city has full loyalty, which is three turns from now. Builder repairs one of the pastures. For the time being I work the coffee rather than the horses or the coastal jungle (which gets Icon_Faith). The borders also reveal the barbarian scout off to the east. I’ll have to deal with that at some point but I’ll easily be able to track its movement.

At sea the lead jong moves up a tile to see what’s around:

Oooh...targets. I move the jong to the southwest and bring up the others. That reveals the Russian swordsman at the southern end of the line. My choices here are to redline all three galleys now or sink one plus the swordsman, leaving the other two galleys intact. Shooting each galley will leave it at 15 damage, give or take, and pretty much eliminate their ability to do much damage. I kill the swordsman with the southern jong, shoot the middle galley with the northern jong (for 88) then instead of killing the redlined galley I shoot the southern galley for 83 damage. If the Aussie fleet remains engaged I should be able to sink all three ships next turn. Situation after battle:

The two northern jongs in the line will earn promotions after their next combat. I’ll hold off on those but will likely take the anti-district promotion first. I’ll be able to buy a jong next turn. I’m going to hold off and purchase one in the southern Australian city since that’s likely closest to the Russian front. I’ll use it as a garrison element for when Russia comes calling. Roland, I’ll likely drop a fourth envoy into Valetta. Walls cost “only” 80Icon_Faith and I might look to buy them in a couple of conquered cities, if only to make it more difficult for CMF/Marcopolo to retake them.

Graceland has completed its walls and its Campus is done in 7 turns. It’s also now working the iron.

Woden founded a religion last turn:

Archduke’s science rate shot up to 96. That’s likely from his RNDs and running Naval Infrastructure. Seems...familiar…mischief

We’re going to need to make Icon_Science expansion a bit of a focus this age, I think. Diamonds is going to complete its horseman and then build its Campus. Proof and Skies both have Campus builds on-deck and Al’s library is also on-deck. Speaking of districts I lock down a Harbor at Hearts & Bones on the tile east of the city. This isn’t where CMF had it but it lets me lock in a no-harvest Campus at Mother & Child. That Campus will eventually be +2 and I’ll harvest the stone into it (and put down a Commercial Hub) once the harvest value goes up a bit. I may also need to harvest some jungles into Mother & Child to get its population up a bit. The ones to the NE and 2E of the city are likely the best options for that and will help get walls or the Campus built.

BTW, Diamonds took the open tile SW of its wheat, which secures the food triangle down there.

TURN 103

Stirrups in, i perhaps should have stopped this last turn but not sure that it would have made any difference.

[Image: eaZNqys.jpg]

there is a new barb camp. free gold perhaps. Mass quads perhaps. perhaps perhaps perhaps.

[Image: FE426rD.jpg]

Pick up that 22 gold trade route now at 81 gold per turn and rising. Also put in another stretch of great wall but moved to working the hill for hammers.

[Image: qZshM9t.jpg]

spear picks up a promotion i don't take it yet as who knows if it will be facing horses or mele.

[Image: nTRRspW.jpg]

4th charge into Oracle.

[Image: Aqyy3Tp.jpg]

SUB no need to put an envoy into Valetta.

[Image: 3GpdXMJ.jpg]

Research

[Image: wR5ChQy.jpg]

Sub can you Show me a list of the faith buying options from Valetta and costs please. need to do some planning. Still a good bit off having the faith to need SUze.

With Valetta, walls cost an amount of Icon_Faith equal to their Icon_Production cost (80 for Ancient) and everything is costs the "standard" for Icon_Faith purchases: 2xIcon_Production cost. Monuments are 120, granaries are 130, etc.

cheers i can rattle trough 8 - 10 monuments and really up my culture