As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

what do you thing The archduke and Kaiser are up to?
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

That's an interesting question. I assume that Archduke is going to be doing a mass frigate upgrade in the near future. He has the advantage that RND buildings act as resource stores so he's likely to have quite the stockpile (should look at that when I play the turn tonight). Kaiser may be doing the same. The question is their target -- there are three possibilities, one of which is slightly diminished due to your recent DoF:

1) Archduke is coming after us. Least likely of the three given your recent DoF. Possible that the mechanics of team play allow him to come after me once our DoF expires.
2) Archduke will renew hostiilities against Phoenicia/Norway. Two reasons here: first is prior conflict. Second is that Woden remains underdeveloped compared to the rest of the field and would (should) be easy pickings for an England armed with lots of frigates.
3) He goes after Russia - CMF has as much potential, if not more, than Phoenicia to take all those cities and steamroller.

Of the three possibilities I think (2) is the most likely unless he renews the DoF with them. Without the DoF he can't risk going after Russia or us with Phoenicia right off his shores. Pheonicia is also his largest threat. If they renew the DoF when the current one expires then we need to re-evaluate.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Until last turn i thought 2 most likely but i can't see that city having been gifted without something in return ie a DOF.

it's possible it was an offering in hope of peace and no dof was resigned.

That leads to another question can you renew a DOF before old one expires?

Making 3 my favorite. Maybe they want in on the demise of russia after we softened them a bit. Russia with WE is a huge threat after all.

I am almost sure they can't declare on you after signing with me. Almost

I don't believe you can sign a DoF (or other diplo agreement) if you currently have one active. There's no indication as to what Phoenicia may have gotten in return and that's the mystery of the AI Diplo game.

Might be worth testing out the diplo situation in a test hotseat game to see what happens. Sounds like a weekend project since we have the time.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

Thanks! That solves that, then. Archduke can't attack us before...Turn 144 or 145.

(April 28th, 2021, 11:37)thrawn Wrote: To save you the time (though you can test it in 2 minutes, just start a hot seat game with 2 teams and use shift-enter to end turns so you don't have to do anything) - if a player has a DoF with another, anyone on one of the teams cannot declare war on anyone from the other team.

I think the game says something like a player on your team has DoF with a player on their team and doesn't allow you to do it.

Thanks Thrawn i knew that used to be the case but that was 3 years ago.

Now can you tell us can you renew a DOF before the old one expires.

speaking of weekend testing I won't have time unfortunately and i only say that as we have an issue heading our way. I get married on 22nd May then go on Honeymoon on the 24th for 15 days.

i will be able to play on all but the 22nd probably up to the 25th when i will be out for 2 weeks. not sure how we handle that.

Congratulations! The "obvious" solution would be for you to give my your PYDT token and then I switch back and forth to access your turns for the game. The downside there is that my timing vs. marco's would mean a 1 turn per 2 days timing. The other one is to attempt to find an unspoiled lurker (Bruindane?) to take over your spot for the tome you're away. Either way you'll want to spell out what you want done over those turns

Of course, in three weeks' time Archduke could have two DoF's end and completely mash 3-4 opponents and call it a game. yikesdubious.giflol

I would be happy enough for either of you take over and do what you think is best with some guidance to back it up.

anyway we will see how the next 2 - 3 weeks go.

CMF could have wiped me out by then.

(April 28th, 2021, 13:32)roland of gilead Wrote: CMF could have wiped me out by then.

Nah...after all he'd be fighting a land war in Asia.  mischief