As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

New CIV VI PBEM

Ok guys, you have your screenshots in your threads.

I hope you will enjoy this handcrafted map.
Criticize liberally and play a good game.

The PYDT setup will be:
Game Speed: Standard
Map Type: Other / Custom map (if this does not work then it will be earth)
Map Size: Standard

(April 28th, 2021, 11:12)thrawn Wrote: It wouldn't be an update from Bill Gates if it didn't crash the system lol

I'd also be up for a stupidly out of balance PBEM 22 but this one I'd much rather play normal.

So on my suggestions 1. and 2. are decided - we'll use the Babylon DLC, and we'll leave the GPs as they are. For 3. Sub is neutral, Roland and I are in support and it sounds like TAD is also sort of in support. Marco, do you have any strong objections to it? If not I'll make everything harvestable similar to wheat/stone/crab and we'll be able to place districts on top of any resource (which will remove it like it would remove a sheep). I'll post the details tonight.

Yeah, when PBEM 20 is done, which should take some time still, I think a PBEM 22 is warranted where everything is on the table and nothing is banned. Not even Scythia.:D

As the first player of the game, do I need to create the Play Your Damn Turn game? I think I know how to do it, but I just need to import the map.

No, the order can be rearranged.

I just confirmed my civ pick earlier this morning. I'm one of the two that downloaded the mod - do you want to add the code for the Venetian Arsenal fix? I've got it somewhere in my files and can get that added or posted tonight.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

(April 29th, 2021, 02:30)TheArchduke Wrote:
(April 28th, 2021, 11:12)thrawn Wrote: It wouldn't be an update from Bill Gates if it didn't crash the system lol

I'd also be up for a stupidly out of balance PBEM 22 but this one I'd much rather play normal.

So on my suggestions 1. and 2. are decided - we'll use the Babylon DLC, and we'll leave the GPs as they are. For 3. Sub is neutral, Roland and I are in support and it sounds like TAD is also sort of in support. Marco, do you have any strong objections to it? If not I'll make everything harvestable similar to wheat/stone/crab and we'll be able to place districts on top of any resource (which will remove it like it would remove a sheep). I'll post the details tonight.

Yeah, when PBEM 20 is done, which should take some time still, I think a PBEM 22 is warranted where everything is on the table and nothing is banned. Not even Scythia.:D

agreed. disaster setting 4 here we come
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

I wouldn't have rated the statue of zeus that strong but you make a good case.

let me try to counter it's strength a touch. Adjacency requirement. risk of losing it.

it's simpler to just build the units and that way you get the ones you really want and mostly earlier.

not saying you are wrong but it's no Venetian arsenal.

getting 2 frigates for 140 production is way way more powerful than statue of zeus.

even if it does cost you twice as much to get to that.

zeus pays for it's self sure but not excessively. Venetian arsenal can pay for it's self 10 times over easily. how many spears or that line do you build. i guess that depends if you have zeus.

say you nerf it and remove the 50% to spear line it's a fairly ordinary wonder.

not sure building an encampment presumably near who you are attacking and a barracks and the statue of zeus is uber stealthy though it could be done in a stealthy way of course situationally.

what turn do you think it can be done by? it always seems a bit late to me to be particularly useful.

The save is ready, I will post it in a second in MPTF thread.

Here are the PYDT settings again:
[Image: WgVswN1.png]

I made sure to load and enable your Mod when starting the game

oooooh exciting