As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

Do you (as a team) have 100 loyauty at the city ?
(throwing ideas, not answers)

(May 11th, 2021, 15:48)Jabah Wrote: Do you (as a team) have 100 loyauty at the city ?
(throwing ideas, not answers)

Sub can confirm but almost certainly yes.

Sub another question do we establish embassies in each others capitals?
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

I'll confirm the loyalty question but I think the occupied status might be the issue here. I'll check and note it in the turn report (coming shortly, playing the turn now)

Yes for the embassies, I'll send the request during the turn.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Turn 126

Square Rigging is in, 6 turns to Cartography. My swordsman was attacked by the barbarians, my chariot is getting pinged by an Aussie crossbowman and I have 9 grievances against Phoenicia because of their war declaration against England. Someone came begging for niter; I accede to the demand. lol Roland, both of my captured cities are 100% loyal to me, so it’s likely the occupied status. You could test this by upgrading at Al but in two turns there will be galleys in the way.

Down in Australia:

Confucius heads for Lake Mackay because that will be annoying to them. Chariot moves to the coast for embarkation and attempted escape next turn. The city can’t kill anything outright but would do the most damage to a chariot so I open fire for 79 points of damage. The swordsman, being a bit of a lost cause here, finishes the job. If it survives to next turn it’s earned a promotion. If not, well, the siege has been broken for now. My jong continues east, turning northeast as planned. The Bruise vs Red/White war will cause some issues as my retreat path would be straight through the battlefield. I think I’ll head east and take my chances.

At home Al’s first galley is done and I start a second. With the two galleys coming west from Good Time I think my next ship build here will be a jong. AS for the trader my only real choices are 12Icon_Gold1Icon_Science to (W)odin through largely coastal Chinese territory or a 2Icon_Food2Icon_Production route to Obvious Child. The latter actually takes a turn off the jong build. However, I think the Icon_Gold for upgrades is more important right now so (W)odin it is.

Swordsman on Midway embarks and the two galleys at Good Time head west. Because of rotating amenity distribution Good Time’s galley is now due in two turns, not one. Jong at Hearts & Bones takes a peek, this time to the west, and sees nothing. I chop a jungle at Under African Skies, completing its Campus and overflowing into the Commercial Hub. Fifty Ways is now expanding to the jungle where I want its Commercial Hub to go down. That’s a good tile picker. crazyeye

I’d finish the turn by extending a DoF to Woden or Ljubljana but I still have an active DoF with both of them until at least next turn. Roland, let’s see if they re-offer you and if they do let’s accept (and immediately offer DoF to Red/White).

Regarding your frigate/quad placement I think maybe get the upgrades done and then we decide whether to stay defensive, in which case I think we park them NW of Hearts & Bones, or go on the offensive, in which case perhaps the frigates and galleys go attack Admiral Ushakov (northwest of the former Hong Kong), forcing Russia to scramble west. You’d want to bring a galley or two along for the capture & raze and would certainly want to wait until Cartography is in. Alternatively, depending on the money situation, we stay defensive until I get my second navy built out and then send everything south en masse.

Archduke just spent or traded a lot of cash – 1300Icon_Gold or so – on his last turn. Expect a steep rise in milpower next turn. Archduke also appears to have lost a city as his empire score dropped by 6 and Ljubljana’s increased by about 9. Sure enough, Writing on the Wall has changed hands...again.

Roland, my civics plan is to head for Civil Service. That will take 5-6 turns to complete, at which point I’ll complete Naval Tradition (2-3 turns after that). I’ll be looking to start upgrading galleys when Naval Tradition completes. I can hold off on that if your frigate upgrades aren’t yet completed; otherwise I’ll likely have my hat out.

Oh, I also checked to send you an embassy. We’ve already established diplomatic delegations and embassies aren’t available until we both unlock Diplomatic Service.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

i do have good gold income.

i for now can accumulate gold faster than i can produce Quads to upgrade. That will change as those quads start swallowing my income. But i have more gold coming online.

how much are galley upgrades?

I'll have to look up the cost of galley -> caravel upgrades when I get home. I think I posted the formula a couple pages back.

175 difference in production so

350+10 then we play the half price card and it is 180.

Turn 127

Astronomy in and science up to 90 per turn.

[Image: T6uFSWP.jpg]

It's getting closer eeeeek

[Image: YMKzD3z.jpg]

I reassign Magnus to Goldson to boost my Internal trade routes.

[Image: ksczklj.jpg]

i kill that crossbow from last turn.

[Image: H8n9xoa.jpg]

i set up an embassy with Sub

[Image: qwimuep.jpg]

while i thought i was clever last turn i now feel very foolish.

those Quads i was making last turn auto upgraded to Frigates swallowing up all our Niter and into Ships that won't be available for ages.

This is still a good shout but need to keep niter below 20 at all times. a big setback in frigate production. going to be 4 behind what i should have for a good while.

[Image: U8vFHVe.jpg]

Colosseum next turn here is my happy situation let's see how it looks next turn.

[Image: Geu68el.jpg]

Huh....the last time I wanted something to auto-upgrade in the queue it ate my production and made me start over on the build. When your niter gets up towards 20 send it over to me for temporary storage.

Are you going into Theocracy and building the Grandmaster's Chapel once you complete Reformed Church?

grand masters chapel is a couple of turns away and yeah i will jump into theocracy.

yeah now i know how this works i can manage it to maximize it. I kept the production and lost the niter which is weird and far from ideal niter wise.