As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

(May 17th, 2021, 02:27)MrBiscuits Wrote: Using the GoG version:

You can cast flame blade on a chaos channelled unit overland, but not in battle.

Already fixed in 1.0.4

77. Confirmed, fixed for 1.0.5
78. Low priority issue, I'll fix this one later

(May 14th, 2021, 11:57)Anskiy Wrote: When picking Green for a 5 Chaos, 5 Life Tauron with Alchemy and Artificer, the game threw up an unhandled exception. Version 1.0.4.

Couldn't reproduce. Maybe a scoring modifier, or starting spell issue?

80. Not a bug.
You used the debug cheat code to give them 400 casting skill and 15k mana.
Once the 15k mana is used up or drops too low, they lose the units because there aren't enough cities and nodes to pay for the maintenance on the long term and they know that.
This shouldn't happen under normal conditions - the AI can't summon that many units with this little income as it's impossible to have a high casting skill in that case.

https://i.imgur.com/z3plCwO.png

Think it's meant to say 'go near', not 'stay away'.

Quote:No contact bug : Any chance you were in debug mode and activated the "diplomacy immunity" key? Other than that the only thing that can postpone greetings is being banished.

The "greeting" flag is already enabled in the save file meaning the greeting should happen when the AI gets their next turn. Something is suppressing the effect.

Definitely not in debug mode. I've reproduced this effect a few times now. Interestingly, when you do this, the other AI wizards will never attack (presumably because they can't declare war.)

You used to be able to do something similar in 1.31 (maybe even 1.52) where you would capture or destroy a town, and they weren't able to make contact because the units were out of range. It was a good way to eliminate expansions early game, without any real consequences. This bug seems very similar, except there was no contact issue after the fact.

Quote:Necromancy should raise allies. If it raised enemies, it's a bug.

100% raising enemies and not allies.

Quote:Are you sure? It should remove the Illusion property of the spell and make it deal damage normally (reduced by armor)
No, I'm not sure then.

Quote:100% raising enemies and not allies.

According to the code the ability works if you are the winner, and the unit to be raised is owned by the winner. So it has to be the same player.
I see only one loophole : it looks at the current owner, not the original. So if you possessed or confused the unit and it was yours when it died, Necromancy can bring it back. Is it possible that was the problem? I'm going to fix that for the next update.

[meant to post in random questions thread]

(May 17th, 2021, 11:05)Seravy Wrote:
Quote:100% raising enemies and not allies.

According to the code the ability works if you are the winner, and the unit to be raised is owned by the winner. So it has to be the same player.
I see only one loophole : it looks at the current owner, not the original. So if you possessed or confused the unit and it was yours when it died, Necromancy can bring it back. Is it possible that was the problem? I'm going to fix that for the next update.

Definitely not. I do not have possession (or any death magic,) and confusion is about worthless at this time. But!  .. I just had a fight where I raised 2 knights and had no hero at all in battle, on either side. I attached the save of that after that fight. Was at city of Palaor, and you can see 2 knights right outside that I got just from the battle before hand. So, maybe it's not necromancy items at all and it's not working whatsoever, but some other bug.

Attached Files
.zip   2.zip (Size: 345.35 KB / Downloads: 2)

I'll need the save file from before the battle and instructions what to do to reproduce the problem (such as spells being cast). (the turn based autosave should work)