As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

Turn 143: Where's Isaac Newton?

Reckless ship navigation, splitting the fleet.  Find and fire at the caravel we were fighting a few turns back.

Sunk another one outside Steve Davies, and the eastern fleet returns to fight. Decided to finish some economic builds in the interior before the next civic change, and then switch to Knights and Coursers.

Since we both go before CMF does do we want to initiate hostilities in the north? I could send in the caravels and jong against the ships directly southwest of Ryan Kent and then your ships, which are a bit stronger, can follow against the rest of the fleet at Steve Davis. At least, that's depending on his configuration when my turn rolls around. However, at some point we need to try to sink some of these to at least stem the bleeding a bit, no?
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

(June 6th, 2021, 19:19)suboptimal Wrote: Since we both go before CMF does do we want to initiate hostilities in the north?  I could send in the caravels and jong against the ships directly southwest of Ryan Kent and then your ships, which are a bit stronger, can follow against the rest of the fleet at Steve Davis.  At least, that's depending on his configuration when my turn rolls around.  However, at some point we need to try to sink some of these to at least stem the bleeding a bit, no?

I'll follow if you see an opportunity to attack.  Our positioning is negating their faster movement, and bleeding slowly may be our best outcome, but it is pretty bleak.

I'm just getting to the turn now. If I think I see an opportunity I'll hold the turn for discussion. However, I think you may be right - attacking might just be throwing our units away faster than laying in wait south of Al. Just need to be aware of units to our southeast/east.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

Just loaded the turn. Practically the whole damn fleet is in the space between Al, Ryan Kent and Steve Davis. yikes

Turn 143

Och….we’re dooooomed. I have the galley and jong swap places and attack the caravel SE of the jong with almost everything I have – jong, city attack and two caravels. That’s what it took to sink one caravel. Yeah, this isn’t going to last long at all. The trebuchet takes a potshot at the other caravel in range for a paltry 11 damage though the crew did get quite some loft on the shot. The galley doesn’t really have any choice here so I fortify. I’d do maybe 10 damage against the caravel and would get more from support bonuses.

As can barely be seen off to the left there's a hold in the Chinese borders where Borna Barasic used to be.

Oh yeah, the salt at Graceland was pillaged by the courser. Proof starts medieval walls, Fifty Ways starts a crossbowman. Graceland has 8 turns on a pikeman.

(June 7th, 2021, 21:01)suboptimal Wrote: Just loaded the turn.  Practically the whole damn fleet is in the space between Al, Ryan Kent and Steve Davis.  yikes

Yes! We have them where we want to fight  them, oh... 7 caravels and 10 frigates.   I think we prepare for land invasion and find a way to retake the Als if they fall.

Turn 144: Never split the fleet

Chinese ships shoot back, where they can, sinking four ships.  I don't expect to have more than 4 ships the next time the turn rolls around.

Turn 144

The Chinese fleet has been sunk and I expect Al to be under siege next turn. Trebuchet, city attack and caravel kill the caravel closest to the city while the Jong hits one a bit further out. Obvious Child stops the caravel and starts a pikeman. Suzerainty of Valetta has also gone back to Marcopolo, but I’ll get it back in three turns. That appears to be the stagger between our naturally generated envoys.

On Big Island the land invasion has started:

The siege tower doesn’t matter until the man-at-arms get here. The bombard is a bit of a problem so I focus Proof’s attacks on that, doing 75 damage. I should be able to kill it next turn.

That leaves the deal from Ljubljana:

Sure, why not? You’re fighting Archduke and he hasn’t been helping things much with his WC voting.

I also finished Diplomatic Service this turn and get a policy change. Professional Army out, Feudal Contract in.

Turn 145: 4 Ships And Then 2 More

There is a more direct route to "suzerain" Valleta, suboptimal.

I'll have to cancel the spy mission next turn, unintentionally accepted the default gain sources mission.