As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

Indeed but the traditional route would let me get the better walls up at whatever cities I've got left using Icon_Faith.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Turn 145

Is Al captured yet? Not yet, though Ryan Kent has been taken and renamed Scott Brown.

Given the naming theme I’m assuming it’s this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Brow...June_1985)

in which case Roland will throw his computer through the wall because Celtic. I’ve have been to Scotland enough and know enough Scots that you never, ever, get involved in a Rangers v Celtic dispute if you’re a neutral party nono

Proof is also under assault and will likely fall in a turn or two. Fifty Ways has a man-at-arms that it can target. Graceland, other than the previously pillaged Harbor, is being left alone. Confucius has also shown up at Proof so I send him to Graceland to go scout that coast.

Get the city attacks on Big Island out of the way. Since the man-at-arms is the issue I kill it with the city attack and the crossbow. That’ll force CMF to bring the other one down and stall the assault a little bit. I’ll take out the trebuchet next turn. City starts another crossbowman because why not? Fifty Ways hits the other man-at-arms for 54 damage. Up at Al I go after the wounded caravel. All three available attacks sink it. I’ve got an issue, though – a jong is supposed to complete next turn and I can’t let that happen as then neither jong will be able to attack. It might actually cause me to be unable to end the turn without Shift-Enter. (hmmm...perhaps that’s a way out of this mess… mischief). I switch to a crossbowman, which would be done in 6 turns if the city lasts that long (it won’t).

The only good news here is visible in the diplomatic ribbon – Archduke’s milpower is lower than mine, as is his Icon_Science yield and empire score. Good to know I’m not the only one going down on a sinking ship here.lol

Bruindane, CMF has split his fleet up:

It looks like CMF is going to pillage out the coast before bringing the frigates around.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

Ow, wow, how insulting for footballers.  I just spent an hour reading about the Battle_of_Tsushima, and I’ll be ready to suggest names when we take CMF”s cities.

Turn 146: Next target, Smaug.

Fewer units, easier turns. 

I set up the listening post and offer a cultural alliance to Woden/Norway.

Hi guys i am back. I am really busy post wedding. mostly fixing the house after my son had a huge party while we were away.

Bruindane are you ok keeping going with this for a while?

i will take over the other games from now.

Scott Brown is shite and helped us win the league by being so so that is fine.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

(June 10th, 2021, 16:02)roland of gilead Wrote: Hi guys i am back. I am really busy post wedding. mostly fixing the house after my son had a huge party while we were away.

Welcome back!  There was a huge party in your civ, so a few things got razed while you were away.  I don't mind playing the turn sets.

other game updates
Only a few turns played, as other players were on vacation.

Declared on Babylon as their scout was intentionally blocking the eastern settler.  I settled one off your mark, to be behind the river for defensive purposes.

Sumeria declared and pillaged, as you expected.

I spent a few turns moving longships around, peaceful.

(June 10th, 2021, 16:34)Bruindane Wrote:
(June 10th, 2021, 16:02)roland of gilead Wrote: Hi guys i am back. I am really busy post wedding. mostly fixing the house after my son had a huge party while we were away.

Welcome back!  There was a huge party in your civ, so a few things got razed while you were away.  I don't mind playing the turn sets.

other game updates
Only a few turns played, as other players were on vacation.

Declared on Babylon as their scout was intentionally blocking the eastern settler.  I settled one off your mark, to be behind the river for defensive purposes.

Sumeria declared and pillaged, as you expected.

I spent a few turns moving longships around, peaceful.

excellent mate thanks. 

Welcome back! Sounds like you weren't the only one having a good time the past couple of weeks, though. On the plus side Bruindane kept most of your empire intact. On the minus side, most of mine is....not mine anymore.

Yeah it isn't going well. In truth we should have leveraged jongs in to long periods of peace while we built huge faith economies etc. But where is the fun i that and if we have a dozen more turns of Jong dominance it would have been our game.

For a brief moment in time I posted this in my PBEM 21 thread. mischief

Turn 146

Status update at You Can Call Me Al:

Dstruction and mayhem as expected. I’ll lose the city next turn. I also didn’t stop the jong build because I had the queue active. I delete a jong then attack with the one that’s left. The trebuchet I evacuate – something is better than nothing here. It heads for Diamonds.

Over on Big Island:

I deadline, but do not kill, the trebuchet. I also swap over a few tiles to Fifty Ways, including the plantationed bananas. Confucius checks out the coast NE of Graceland, coast appears to be clear. I’m assuming the part of the Russian fleet that broke off is headed for Obvious Child.

Next turn I get two envoys and will suzerain Valetta and bolster my walls at Obvious Child and Diamonds.

Nothing new at China. Archduke is down to three cities plus whatever is acting as his capital these days. This game is pretty much going to be Bruise vs. F-Troop in about another 20 turns.