As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II new spells : Missing art

This is my attempt on try to create new sprites of Phoenix. I hope this should be better than what currently is.

.zip   Phoenix.zip (Size: 296.04 KB / Downloads: 4)

This is my new vampire sprites.

.zip   vampire.zip (Size: 199.94 KB / Downloads: 4)

(July 10th, 2021, 05:59)Suppanut Wrote:

Thanks for posting new stuff, Suppanut! That's a fantastic looking pixelvampire. I just tested it in debug mode.) The only thing I didn't understand was the strange pixels in the air around it. 

I like the huge wings of your phoenix, but suddenly it looks small from the side. If you can fix that, it would be perfect. Sideview could have a longer body and tail and maybe wings more up and down, I thought.

Your gorgons are definitely funnier. The tail wriggles like a fish.)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(July 10th, 2021, 06:43)Slingers Wrote:
(July 10th, 2021, 05:59)Suppanut Wrote:

Thanks for posting new stuff, Suppanut! That's a fantastic looking pixelvampire. I just tested it in debug mode.) The only thing I didn't understand was the strange pixels in the air around it.

That's gotta be bats smile

@Slinger How to set idle animation to be stand idle or animation cycling? Is there anyway to do that?

pixelate you see around vampire is his bat familiars.

Oh, he's accompanied by pixelbats! Nowadays you can easily create stop motion animations. Upload images to a free online tool, adjust the delay, generate and download the .gif file. How you pause a .gif animation depends on whether it's in Windows or on a website. "Esc" is used in some browsers.

(July 10th, 2021, 11:20)Slingers Wrote: Oh, he's accompanied by pixelbats! Nowadays you can easily create stop motion animations. Upload images to a free online tool, adjust the delay, generate and download the .gif file. How you pause a .gif animation depends on whether it's in Windows or on a website. "Esc" is used in some browsers.

Sorry, I mean in game. currently I fail to make vampire flap their wing in idle state in game although their sprites design for that. Currently vampire in game only stand idle and float up and down even after I change sprites to what I created. While I also have some other newly created units which I would prefer they to just float instead of run in the sky.

Oh, and this is fix of phoenix side view as you demand.

.zip   Phoenix2.0.zip (Size: 296.28 KB / Downloads: 3)

Wow ! This phoenix is hefty !

For vampire wings moving in idle, maybe the images need to be in a different order? u00x0_1 is for standing u00x0_3 for attacking 

Edit: I checked again and couldn't find anything strange about your vampire. Also the current one just stands in the air and floats up and down. But you're right, phoenixes flap their wings ! while "standing"!

It's a miracle !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

So! I gave your vampire the filenames of the phoenix and tried it out as a phoenix. Its wings flap wonderfully - as you intended - in idle. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

It's probably hardcoded, which would be a shame. I can't see anything that could be related in units.ini =/

In the original, there are two idle states for flyers, defined by whether the unit has the Flying unit ability (different from the Flying movement type). The prime example of a unit that doesn't have it are Gargoyles, causing them to not animate at all when idle. But then, that's different from floating up and down without flapping, so this'll be a third idle state...