As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

I've got 12 niter but lost my only source when my capital was taken. I'll send it over on my turn.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Turn 150

Glen Kamara is zeroed out but not dead yet:

There’s an Aussie caravel and frigate off the Chinese coast to the southwest of this image.

While I’m here I shoot at the courser with Diamonds, doing 50 points of damage. That’ll leave a mark. lol

My horse-cleaver at Graceland is done and I start a man-cleaver since I don’t have any niter. Speaking of which I send what I do have over to China. The horse cleaver moves to the west and fortifies. Over at Fifty Ways the Russian man-cleaver has retreated out of range to lick its wounds. My only target is the knight so I shoot that for 36 damage.

Confucius wanders a bit and the turn ends.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

Turn 151: Logistics

Second ship kill for this Archer.  Was able to retreat the Trebuchet and shoot, along with two city shots to set up the kill.  I might have missed Victor's combat bonus for the Trebuchet (oops).  Might lose this city next, though I didn't attack out with the Caravel to keep the combat strength up for the defense.

Killed the weakened courser who was in range to capture the city.  I think Glen Kamara must be razed now, otherwise I will recapture next turn.

And a second courser goes down.

suboptimal, I sent 300 Icon_Gold your way, perhaps for your slingers.  I don't have much to upgrade without niter.  Can't call a special session yet, and there is only 10 more turns until we can sign a military alliance-- which is my alt-win condition, so stay alive!

I'll use the Icon_Gold to upgrade the unit at Diamonds. I've got a crossbow and a jong in Obvious Child for defense there.

Something silly to share.  The Russian courser can take full advantage of the Great Wall, worth 10 combat strength, whereas as that dust storm took out section the crossbowman is on.  No home field advantage here.

Turn 151

Open the save, two things of note. First:

The city will flip free in 5-6 turns. The second isn’t worth a screenshot but there’s a tornado outbreak over the sea northwest of Fifty Ways and it’s headed “southeast”. That could make things interesting. There also a frigate off the coast and I hit it with the city attack for 61 damage. That’ll likely force the ship to retreat, only to be replaced by a fresh one. The pike in the city attacks the courser, giving 35 and taking 30. Confucius has wound up back in Graceland so I think he was found out. I send him west this time, into the cove. I’ll go see what I can see of the Russian fleet before getting banished again.

I take the generous gift of 400Icon_Gold from China and upgrade the slinger in Diamonds.

The “good” news is that I’m not the worst off here. Archduke is also down to three cities but has half my military and 1/3rd my Icon_Science. lol

Turn 152: Rangers and Celtic substitutions

okoflex is a pedophile not sure that's a great choice.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Turn 152

At Fifty Shades the assault seems to have stopped for the time being. The Russian frigate has retreated, as have the other Russian units, at least out of city range.

Positive development? Eh, I think it’s just a pause in the fighting.

At Obvious Child an artist has shown up to scout the area. The slinger says “Adios, Hermanos” and sends the great person back there. The jong leaves the city to check the border area with the city-state. Antananarivo has landed a crossbow to my east. Good thing I’m on...neutral...terms with them.

Bruindane/Roland, you’ve lost another city:

That one will flip in a few turns and if Russia isn’t careful they could strand a couple of caravels in the northern sea.

Turn 153: Cedric Itten warms up to substitute in

Disclaimer, I don't know anything about these players, or what positions they take.  I do believe that Scott Bain has taken the field twice in this game, which might be a rule violation.

Combat Die Roll
37.  Cedric did get the opportunity to sub in for another.