As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

LURKER THREAD- No Players

Plemo just got an event giving him 18! instant! free! tanks!! rolf
The alternative option was a great spy, but he already had one on hand from communism.
I fear he'll use them to absorb superjm, who's had trouble already fighting off the Zulus.

Somehow I never realised while lurking that events were on. Have there been any other major event swings? This one is unfortunate, giving the leader even more power.
Past Games: PB51  -  PB55  -  PB56  -  PB58 (Tarkeel's game)  - PB59  -  PB60  -  PB64  -  PB66  -  PB68 (Miguelito's game)     Current Games: None (for now...)

Every time I see a game with events, I'm reminded of why I will never play a multiplayer game with events.

Every time I see a post here I find myself thinking: "Oh yes this thing is still going." lol
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

I have not seen the threads, but from PBSpy it looks like Civac was correct and JP had an ulterior motive for those railroads. He is taking cities off Klops now, with Wahl-Profi taking the side of the Vikings. So the game will be down to <1/3 of the original player base!
Past Games: PB51  -  PB55  -  PB56  -  PB58 (Tarkeel's game)  - PB59  -  PB60  -  PB64  -  PB66  -  PB68 (Miguelito's game)     Current Games: None (for now...)

PBSPY indicates Plemo be crushing. Anything worth noting happening.

Well game's over, Plemo won space and it wasn't particularly close. Would've been easier for you to see how the lategame went if I had bother keeping up my thread, but alas I fell off reporting again. Doing so is just kinda overwhelming, especially in a game in this magnitude.

Without getting into a ridiculous amount of detail (I was Mehmed of the Ottomans for reference), I was mostly paralyzed because I was boxed in by both JP and Plemo who were superpowers more or less the entire game and there was limited room for me to expand and conquer without running into an enemy I could not do better than stalemate against. I made one critical strategic error that may have decided the game in that I was too cautious about attacking into England and Plemo beat me to the punch, cutting me off almost completely and letting him run roughshod over Eastern Europe. Given how overwhelming his advantage ended up being it probably wouldn't have mattered had I absorbed England instead of him (he basically dominated East Asia early and often, with only JP of the Vikings serving as a real check in that direction) but it was the nail in the coffin for me, more or less. I made an attempt to try and hit Picc through the Caspian Sea while I had rifles and he didn't, and probably would have succeeded, if only Sauron of Zulu (who had already lost cities to a technologically superior Frozen) hadn't decided to try his hand at conquering his technologically and economically equal neighbor, aka me, at rifles/cavs-era warfare. That went exactly as well for both of us as you think, and that was with me making a bunch of high-risk/low-reward plays out of desperation/frustration.

Outside of my perspective, which is only really relevant cause I was Plemo's immediate neighbor and never tried to fight him, I'm not too sure how things went in the rest of the world, though America looked like it would've been a whole lot of fun to watch, especially towards the end there. In any case, I had fun and I hope our German friends were similarly satisfied. smile

It seems you must have played well, considering you spent the whole game next to superpowers and were still one of the 1/4 players who survived. Congratulations! bow

Being next to superpowers was probably to my benefit, I was essentially the perfect buffer state in this scenario. I definitely wasn't strong enough to survive a 1-on-1 scenario against either Plemo or JP in the long run but either one of them attacking me is just inviting the other to eat my land from the other side while the original aggressor runs into a wall, and I'm sure neither of them thought that was worth the trouble with other opportunities for landgrabs presenting themselves. Or maybe I just got lucky, who knows lol

On a sidenote, one thing I learned from my Zulu war is that having 5 rifle drafts a turn makes it really hard for the other guy to push you too hard, even when they have cannons and you don't.

That's a surprise I expected this game to end after 2 years not after 1 year and 7 months. Congratulations to our "green" PB51 winner Plemo. lol
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee