As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

Turn 153

Siege Tactics has completed. I start Metal Casting because why not? There’s a courser southeast of Obvious Child that’s going to pillage the diamond mine next turn. Not much I can do about that. Big Island appears to be at a bit of a standstill for the time being. Wonder if Russia is waiting for Cossacks? I’ve got 401Icon_Faith and am making 38.1 per turn. I have enough right now for Renaissance walls at Graceland or in two turns I can purchase Medieval walls at both Obvious and Diamonds. Bruindane/Roland, any thoughts on the matter? I’m leaning towards the latter only because Graceland will likely go negative loyalty if/when Fifty Ways falls. Speaking of Fifty Ways, Confucius has located part of the Russian fleet to the northwest:

Over in China:

One city razed, the other is redlined and will rebel next turn. There are also no Chinese units left in the area to take the city before it rebels, either.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

the later as you say seems better,
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Turn 154: There is wheat under those ruins.

Going to make a push for your capital suboptimal.  I still can't raise the issue with the World Congress, which is a shame.

Hopefully the Russian fleet isn't waiting off the coast in ambush.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

should probably have raised bain when the chance was there

Turn 154

Take a look around, there’s another frigate near Fifty Ways and Confucius is back in the city. In China, Scott Bain rebelled on Russia’s turn and was reconquered. Walls are back up to 100 points or so and the city will revolt (again) in two turns. Looks like what Woden was doing to Ichabod in PBEM 18. I’m also way short on amenities now that the diamonds at Obvious Child have been pillaged. Eh, details.

Confucius moves to the coast WNW of Fifty Ways to look around; there’s only the one frigate. The city attacks for 47 damage. I buy medieval walls at Obvious Child and will do so next turn at Diamonds. Diamonds will finish a knight in a couple of turns and I’ll turn it loose on pillaging my former capital.

Archduke is likely dead and eliminated in a couple of turns, if that. He’s got two cities left:

Doing the Honours is finished next turn. Well, I won’t be the first one out of this game. lolrolleye

Turn passes and Woden just met a city-state. Likely Valetta.

Turn 155: A military alliance to end a few turns early.

England is down to one city, and possibly on their last turn. 

Based on the alliance timer, it does suggest the final conflict between Russia/Australia and Norway/Phoenicia might start late next week as I imagine their alliances were signed in the same rough time frame.

will be very interested in how LUBIJANA ACHIEVED THIS..

(August 7th, 2021, 02:51)roland of gilead Wrote: will be very interested in how LUBIJANA ACHIEVED THIS..
I am going to guess it was combined fleet of Norway/Phoenicia took on England, with Japan initially focused on Economy. Once England lost its initial ships, combined with Norwegian pillaging, they were unable to rebuild ships en-masse to win battle with local odds. Fleet warfare is brutal for the weaker side. The big ouch is that England recruited six admirals to Phoenicia's two.

Looking at our attack at Russia/Australia, they responded by buildings more ships than we did, and were able to turn the tide. As a lurker I thought Australia took Desert Folklore to supercharge Work Ethic, so that burning our fleet to burn their cities made a ton of sense. In hindsight, we should have turned west and gone after Russia's Dance of the Aurora supercharged cities, and built a few more ships to protect the frigates.

For me we should probably have taken work ethic and dance ourselves.

then the other option to perhaps win was using jongs to levy long term peace and grow like mad.

All a bit boring though.

the change to earth goddess was a blow too.