As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

Turn 157: Shall we be military allies?

GG TheArchDuke.  The Sino-English military alliance was a huge factor in this game, though not in our favor.

Win condition achieved.  Now onto the next, can we survive until the alliances and friendships expire between the two favored teams?  Or shall we choose an intermediate goal of outlasting Kaiser of Japan?

How long must we hold out? 

Instead of a simple mouse-over in diplo, I went through the end-of-turn saves I made, and found that Norway and Australia signed a declaration of friendship on turn 138 (my turn 139 save).  Turn 168 is doomsday.  That’s a long time.

I think the intermediate goal is the reasonable one, although doomsday is only 11 turns away.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Inter-turn: The Seven Cities of Japan

[Image: oI4eExM.jpg]

Kaiser lost his capital, with three cities in the north, present capital and another in fog in the center, and two cities off the coast to the south.

It clear Woden is doing all the city capturing.  Foreign affairs were not all that meaningful before, but with our new "win" condition in place, I'll start tracking.

I think the outcome is going to be Woden/Ljubljana for the win. Australia rebuilt but betwen the damage we did, but Bruise has two functioning navies and a larger empire.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

Yeah agreed. Russia may be the biggest civ with a great religion but we damaged their team and as still slowing them. going to an epic battle hopefully between the two.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

mind you the science gap.....

(August 17th, 2021, 07:26)roland of gilead Wrote: mind you the science gap.....

About that.

Number of Techs
Norway: 37
Russia: 36
China: 35
Phoenicia: 33
Japan: 33
Indonesia: 32
Australia: 30

Number of Civics via empire score
China: 29
Norway: 26
Japan: 25
Phoenicia: 25
Russia: 25
Australia: 23
Indonesia: 23

Obviously not accounting for the era.

Really good summary.

We may be kingmakers here. If we cling on a bit.

Russia will get all those wonders but may well still be fighting us as the bruise brothers hit them.

Turn 157

Fifty Ways has been captured. Graceland will be up next for the Russian invaders but I don’t know how much firepower they’ll be able to bring to bear at once given the terrain. They’ve killed the pikeman I had outside the city:

I accept the military alliance and Russia has a deal waiting for me:

Cede everything for peace. Um, nah. I refuse this offer and send back a demand that he cede everything on Big Island to me, including the two I took from them originally.

On the mainland I move Confucius next to my former capital; it’s occupied by a crossbow. I don’t have visibility on the coast yet; that might be next turn (or it might not). The knight moves up and pillages the Holy Site for 117Icon_Faith. If I do that again next turn and Russia doesn’t ping my walls at Graceland I’ll be able to upgrade those walls. However, that depends on the knight surviving until next turn.

Elsewhere, Russia retook and then razed the recently independent city of Scott Bain.

Woden has met another city-state.

Turn 158 - Prologue

It's a bit late for me to make important decisions unilaterally.

and there's this-- what timing.

roland, suboptimal, I leave it to you both.